Bricklin International Forums
Bricklin International Forums
Classifieds FAQ Guestbook Links Member VINs Register
 All Forums
 Bricklin General Discussions
 Events & Owners Seeking Owners
 USA - NY - BUFFALO - 2004 - Anyone Cruisin' Yet?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - April 15 2004 : 10:54:52
The first cruise-night in the Buffalo area is Sunday, April 25th.
I am determined to make it. Kimberly and I just moved back here after 9 years, it might be intresting to see some old faces with new rides. K and I were both born and raised in the area so chances are we should know a few people.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bricklin1155 Posted - April 17 2004 : 05:50:07
quote:
Originally posted by Brick-110

Took #110 out of the garage last week end, took my daughter for a ride around the town. Oh it was nice.

Now to search for those pesky slow air leaks so it stays charged up when not being driven.

Do you have good fittings? I got really sick of my slow air leaks and finally replaced all the cheesy air fittings that came with the original system. It was well worth the effort.

You can use a soap solution to spray the fittings on a charged system and watch for bubbles. I've also heard of someone (John Blair?) who used a tube / stethescope and a good ear to listen for leaks, but IMHO, you'll be chasing the leaks again unless you are using good fittings. They aren't that expensive and it won't take long to replace existing ones.
Brick-110 Posted - April 16 2004 : 22:50:50
Took #110 out of the garage last week end, took my daughter for a ride around the town. Oh it was nice.

Now to search for those pesky slow air leaks so it stays charged up when not being driven.
Rick_R Posted - April 16 2004 : 09:24:08
yup, some days (like today) I wish I had her job!
Bricklin1155 Posted - April 16 2004 : 07:12:56
Guilty as charged. That pic can make most folk appreciate their job! (Touche` Rick!)

Heh, don't mind me ... It was the last day of tax season - I'm cranky and feeling sorry for myself! Actually, I've been running on 'bonus days' since a near-death motorcycle accident over 25 years ago. Steel rods in my spine remind me each day of just how easy it can go and lucky I am! I have NO real complaints - I just whiney from time to time.
Rick_R Posted - April 16 2004 : 05:57:43
quote:
Originally posted by Bricklin1155

I'm the IT guy for a CPA Firm and have been pulling 24 x 7 support (my systems are stable so that wasn't much of a chore - except I couldn't get too far out of the area in case the bits hit the fan) and Saturday on-site support all tax season (geez - glad that's over!) - so no chance or energy to prep the car. Sundays have been reserved for catch up chores, tweaking the websites and sleep.

Now it's the 1st freak'n nice weekend here in Northern Ohio that I've had off and I just know I'm going to be doing chores all weekend! (Gotta trench the back yard for a french drain and new topsoil, hang blinds in the 3-season room, yada, yada, yada.)

Then I'm travelling for the next two weekends. Net result is that it looks like it'll be mid May before I get the car cleaned up from storage and get out for a cruise. I still haven't setup any gathering for MBO, either.

Doesn't even look like I'm going to make it to this year's Bricklin Gathering in NY, either - which really stinks 'cause I've missed a number of years in a row now! Insert

Payback time, I believe it was you that sent this to me
n/a Posted - April 15 2004 : 20:39:13
Yep, Sam Elliot said it best in the movie "Road House" ..... " I'll get all the sleep I need.... when I'm dead."
One of my New Year resolutions was to live in the moment. My wife and I moved back to our hometown after our daughter was born. I watch "The Wiggles" every morning with Alexandra, we have lunch together, AND we WILL be at that cruise-in on Sunday! The grass and chores will STILL be there when we get back.
I've come to realize (thankfuly at a relativly young age) that I never look back and say....."Boy I'm really glad I got that grass cut, or gee remember when we spent that beautiful day....... washing windows?"
It's all in the perspective my friend!
Bricklin1155 Posted - April 15 2004 : 16:58:48
I'm jealous. As a matter of fact, I'm so jealous I think I'll whine for a while - you should probably skip the rest of this post! (And yeah, you wanna provide cheese with my whine - I prefer the type with Port wine in it!)

I'm the IT guy for a CPA Firm and have been pulling 24 x 7 support (my systems are stable so that wasn't much of a chore - except I couldn't get too far out of the area in case the bits hit the fan) and Saturday on-site support all tax season (geez - glad that's over!) - so no chance or energy to prep the car. Sundays have been reserved for catch up chores, tweaking the websites and sleep.

Now it's the 1st freak'n nice weekend here in Northern Ohio that I've had off and I just know I'm going to be doing chores all weekend! (Gotta trench the back yard for a french drain and new topsoil, hang blinds in the 3-season room, yada, yada, yada.)

Then I'm travelling for the next two weekends. Net result is that it looks like it'll be mid May before I get the car cleaned up from storage and get out for a cruise. I still haven't setup any gathering for MBO, either.

Doesn't even look like I'm going to make it to this year's Bricklin Gathering in NY, either - which really stinks 'cause I've missed a number of years in a row now! Insert

So enjoy your cruisin' - I'll be there with you in spirit!
bricklin107 Posted - April 15 2004 : 16:14:42
Yep my car is ready; It is detailed and ready to go. Our first cruise in is Friday!!

Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05