Printer Friendly
2 Pages
1 2 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brickfortom
BI Member

USA
64 Posts

Posted - August 13 2018 :  15:05:24  Show Profile Send brickfortom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to give a big shout out on how enjoyable the Livonia meet was. I know it's about the cars but being together with all you great owners and your families rises to the top. Kudos to Steve and Kathryn for all their efforts and thanks to all that supported them. I think a good time was had by all.

Jeff1726
Former BI Member

USA
99 Posts

Posted - August 14 2018 :  09:52:16  Show Profile Send Jeff1726 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could not agree more. The meet was very well done and nothing was missed. This will be the meet that others in the future will be compared to.

Jeff 1726.
Go to Top of Page

dgillis
BI Member

Starting Member

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - August 15 2018 :  22:55:49  Show Profile Send dgillis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Despite great intentions I was not able to make the meet this year. Was there a decision made on the location for next year?

Don Gillis 2792
Go to Top of Page

jim1191
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

BI Vice President

USA
1961 Posts

Posted - August 15 2018 :  23:10:28  Show Profile Send jim1191 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes
It's Elliot Lake, Ontario Canada
You didn't get the memo? You better get busy ....

But seriously I'm hoping it's location and volunteering host extraordinaire will be announced soon.

Edited by - jim1191 on August 15 2018 23:54:07
Go to Top of Page

vin6635

Average Member

USA
673 Posts

Posted - August 16 2018 :  10:11:41  Show Profile Send vin6635 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that Eric's new car?

Anyone get a picture of a car in front of the old GV building? Any other historic sites?
Go to Top of Page

gulwing1
BI Member

USA
240 Posts

Posted - August 16 2018 :  15:23:30  Show Profile Send gulwing1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm really sorry I didn't make it this year. If it hadn't been for car problems and an unexpected Vet bill for my dog I still wouldn't have made it as I came down with a nasty stomach virus on Monday evening, 8/6 and I'm still recovering from it.

Never would have been able to make the drive from Maryland.

Ivan
VIN 1050

Go to Top of Page

Dpenn1
BI Member

USA
72 Posts

Posted - August 21 2018 :  08:43:17  Show Profile Send Dpenn1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We really wanted to go but had to miss it because the wife is recovering from ACL surgery. Couldn't make the 14 hour drive. Anyway I see the timing for the event was good, there is a Bricklin on the list for Motor Trends best cars of Woodward 2018.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/best-cars-of-the-2018-woodward-dream-cruise/ar-BBMbKYT#page=5

David
Go to Top of Page

jim1191

BI Vice President

USA
1961 Posts

Posted - August 21 2018 :  17:26:16  Show Profile Send jim1191 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1974 Bricklin SV-1

Sticking with the misfits theme, here's what has to be the world's cleanest Bricklin SV-1. Full of neat ideas and horrendously bad execution, the SV-1 was both well ahead of its time and a product of it. Malaise had begun to set in amongst North American automakers, and even independent Bricklin was no exception. Quality problems sent the car and the company out to pasture, which makes the condition of this particular car so notable. Canada's sports car wasn't to be, but it was just a minor speed bump in Malcom Bricklin's high-flying career, nudged between the introduction of Subaru in America and the importation of the Yugo. Hey, when Bricklin bets, he bets big. -Scott Evans

Almost looks like Stuart.......I mean Malcolm....

Edited by - jim1191 on August 21 2018 17:40:47
Go to Top of Page

jim1191

BI Vice President

USA
1961 Posts

Posted - September 02 2018 :  10:07:44  Show Profile Send jim1191 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.lov2xlr8.no/visitora18/bricklin/bricklin.html
Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - September 03 2018 :  12:53:04  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting. I could not attend due to lack of vacation. Would love to see a lot more photos from the meet.
Go to Top of Page

Vin2889
BI Member

BI Chairman

USA
99 Posts

Posted - September 24 2018 :  20:40:26  Show Profile Send Vin2889 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All,

For those asking, next year's meet will be in the Northern Shenandoah Valley here in Virginia, and the meet director is your's truly, along with George Curley. More details will be provided very soon.

Steve

VIN's #1339 & #2889
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
2 Pages
1 2 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05