Bricklin International Forums
Bricklin International Forums
Classifieds FAQ Guestbook Links Member VINs Register
 All Forums
 Bricklin General Discussions
 Events & Owners Seeking Owners
 2018 Bricklin Meet East

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sjzukrow Posted - October 11 2017 : 19:53:05
Livonia, Michigan
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jim1191 Posted - March 29 2019 : 13:13:43
quote:
Originally posted by jim1191

Does anyone going to the meet have YouTube live capabilities? And willing to broad cast?

jim1191 Posted - August 04 2018 : 19:01:35
Does anyone going to the meet have YouTube live capabilities? And willing to broad cast?
Steve_Ickes Posted - July 31 2018 : 17:51:40
Something you may want to consider. The Bricklin International meet starts on Wednesday August 8th. If you arrive early this day, you could do a free, optional run to Jack Roush's Automotive Collection, 5 miles from the hotel. This is very cool if you're into race cars (100+) and want to see the Jack's personal Ford GT. The museum is open from 9:30am to 4:00pm and has a gift shop up front full of Roush stuff.

The original home of General Vehicles is one block away. Today, the building is occupied by other businesses so you won't have access to it. From here you can go back to the Embassy Suites or you can proceed to the location of Herb Grasse Design (about 12 miles south). At present, the building is unoccupied so you can't get into it either.

Just wanted to give you more options.

Steve_Ickes Posted - July 26 2018 : 06:50:21
The 2018 Bricklin Meet in Livonia, Michigan is two weeks away. If youre thinking about attending there is still time to register and book your rooms. If you need a registration form send me a private message and I'll get you a copy. Just keep in mind even if you register you still need to contact the Embassy Suites in Livonia and make your room reservations.

For those of you already registered, and that's about 70 right now, we are looking forward to your arrival. I suspect you are starting to think about what to pack and what to leave behind. If you have any extra room, and that can be a rare commodity in a Bricklin on a road trip, please keep in mind we are always looking for donated items for our raffles and auction. We have some really great stuff already from some very generous people and hoping to get more. So if you can squeeze an item or two in the car or your suitcase that would be great. Of course, you can send it to me and Ill bring it to the meet along with the other items.

If you are unable to attend but would like to support the club with an item or two. There is still time to send it to me. Contact me and I'll give you the address.
Safe travels and we hope to see you in Michigan.
Steve_Ickes Posted - July 21 2018 : 19:47:27
Who has the Brick from last years meet?
gulwing1 Posted - July 20 2018 : 19:20:23
I should have known. [:D

Please bring a set to the
meet that I can purchase them from you.

Thanks

sjzukrow Posted - July 20 2018 : 19:02:31
Yes, I do.
gulwing1 Posted - July 20 2018 : 17:30:45
Anyone coming to the meet that might have a pair of
the SV1 decals for sale?

Mine are starting to show signs of wear.

Thanks

Steve_Ickes Posted - July 14 2018 : 19:57:30
Heres the latest information on the 2018 Bricklin International Meet in Livonia, Michigan.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Meet starts with check-in and meeting with old friends and new in the Hospitality Suite that opens at noon.

Thursday, August 9, 2018
7:30am: Leave for Ford Factory tour and Henry Ford Museum. Photo-op in front of the clock tower of the museum. Then tour of the Ford Rouge Plant followed by tour of the Henry Ford Museum. We will take a shuttle from the museum to the Rouge Plant and back again.
7:30pm: Presentation by Dave Niles on what it was like to work at General Vehicles during the engineering of the Bricklin

Friday, August 10, 2018
8:00am: Leave for Meadow Brook Hall. Photo-op in front of the Mansion followed by a tour of the Mansion.
12:00pm Noon: Bricknic at the VFW Hall in White Lake, MI
6:00pm: Pizza party and Tech Review presented by Earl Brown and Bob Hoffman, at Earls place.

Saturday, August 11, 2018
8:45am: Leave for Downtown Northville, MI for our car judging and display to the general public.
5:30pm: Cocktails at the Embassy Suites, provided by the hotel.
6:30pm: Banquet, Awards presentation and Auction.

Sunday, August 12, 2018
Checkout, say your goodbyes and head home. Always the saddest part.

Of course, I left out a lot of the details about the individual events because most of them have been previously posted.

If you haven't booked your room at the Embassy Suites by now you need to do so by Wednesday, July 18th. After that the block price will no longer apply and it will be up to you to make the best deal you can with the hotel. However, there are a couple members with rooms that they dont need so if you want one of these, let me know and well work it out.

If you want to register for the event you still can but please keep in mind, just because you have a room doesnt mean you are registered for the event. You need to fill out a registration and send it to me with your payment. Also the Meadow Brook Mansion tour and the Bricknic are not on the registration form because they were added after the form was published. If you want to attend these events the cost is $10 per person per event.

Thats all for now. Hope to see you in Livonia.
Steve_Ickes Posted - June 20 2018 : 20:38:02
Only 7 weeks left before the 2018 Bricklin International Meet East in Livonia, Michigan, so for you folks that like statistics here are a few.

Registrations: 24
Number of people attending: 50
Number of people going to the Ford Factory Tour and Henry Ford Museum: 39
Number of people attending the Tech Review: 27
Number of rooms reserved at the Embassy Suites: 39

If youve been waiting to see how things are coming together before you jump on board, now you know. Your next issue of the Brickline will have another registration form enclosed and will be the last form you get, so dont linger any longer, fill it out and send it in.

Hope to see you in the Livonia Areawhere it all began.

Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05