Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

Forum Admin

USA
13 Posts

Posted - January 28 2004 :  04:51:23  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage Send admin a Private Message
The 30th anniversary of the Bricklin automobile will soon be upon us. In recognition of this event, the 2004 Grand National Meet will take place July 28 through August 1, 2004.

The location for this year’s historic gathering will be the picturesque “Finger Lakes” region of New York State. The area allows for indulgence into a rich cultural history, including many wineries and attractions such as the Corning Glass Museum, Watkins Glen racetrack, shopping, and of course antiquing! This is an exciting meet for Bricklin International, as well as a significant occasion. The East Coast has not been a host site for 10 years!

Allow me to introduce myself: I am Suzanne Cherba, AKA, John Cherba’s daughter. Bricklin’s have been a part of my life ever since my father brought home his first car when I was a mere two years old. The Seven Springs meet in Champion, PA, held in the mid-1980’s, was my introduction to the comradery of the Bricklin community. Over the years, I have been an active participant (i.e. judging) at Bricklin International gatherings, from local New York metro area day trips to Grand National meets as well as several California and Florida regional events.

The hotel hosting our event is the Hilton Garden Inn, located in Horseheads, New York. It is a convenient one-mile drive from the Elmira/Corning Regional Airport.

Please be aware that while traveling in New York, you are traveling in a “hands-free” state. What this means is that it is against the law to operate a cellular phone while driving an automobile without a hands-free device.

It is strongly encouraged that you secure your reservations early, as the region does draw a good bit of tourism in the summer months. Despite this, the Hilton has offered our group a special rate of $95 per night, double occupancy (children 17 and under stay for free!). If you book your stay by March 31, 2004, you will receive an additional 10% off the already reasonable rate!

This year’s meet will include all of the traditional events, such as our nightly parking lot gathering over a case of Chenin Blanc! For those of you not familiar with this ritual, you will have to come to the meet to experience it first hand! FYI - Bring chairs! In addition, we will have Friday’s Road Rally, Saturday’s car show, followed by the dinner and awards banquet. As an additional temptation to all, especially to those who have been missing over the years, know that I have been able to secure track time on Thursday, July 29th at Watkins Glen International Speedway!!

Our goal is to incorporate a grand celebration of the Bricklin’s 30th anniversary with an appreciation for the history of the club’s members as well as the rustic heritage of the region where this event is being hosted.

We hope that you will join us for this special week of revelry and remembrance.

Registration form located here!
Agenda located here!

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - February 28 2004 :  09:53:37  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message
Check out our website concerning the Grand National meet. There has been a agenda posted. The club has just gained acceptance into Watkins Glenn Racetrack. In addition, I have checked with the Hotel and we are filling up. Get your reservation in by 3/31/04 and save 10%. Remember you can always cancel!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05