7 Pages
1 2 3 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - July 24 2013 :  12:30:32  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay here is the information on the meet. The Hotel rate is $109 per night. Should be a great time. Here is the direct link for reservations:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dayoh-dayton-marriott/?toDate=6/15/14&groupCode=BRIBRIA&stop_mobi=yes&fromDate=6/11/14&app=resvlink

AGENDA:
Bricklin National Meet and DeLorean Car Show & Convention 2014
THE BIG GULLWING SUPER SHOW

Dayton, Ohio
June 11 - 15th, 2014

Wednesday June 11th:
8PM Member Welcome in the Hospitality suite
Arrival into Dayton at Marriott
Dayton Marriott Hotel
1414 S Patterson Blvd, Dayton, OH, United States 45409
Call 1-800-228-9290 and refer to Code: BRIC COST $109 per night

Thursday June 12th:
Bricklin Caravan / Rally to US Air Force Museum Followed by late lunch
6 PM Live Band and Welcome Buffet for all Gull Wing OWNERS
9 PM Hospitality Suite

Friday June 13th:
Tour of Packard Museum (Leave from Parking lot in Morning)
Taj ma Garage 125 car Private Collection (CARAVAN) Afternoon
8 PM Hospitality Suite

Saturday June 14th:
Caroline Park for the car show about a half mile from the hotel
6 PM BANQUET DINNER WITH OUR CARS IN AN AIRCONDITIONED TENT
150 Deloreans Expected
40 Bricklins Expected

matt_vaq136
Former BI Member

Average Member

USA
545 Posts

Posted - August 14 2013 :  14:49:34  Show Profile  Send matt_vaq136 a Yahoo! Message Send matt_vaq136 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not too sure if there is other stuff planned but I got to thinking about drive in theaters because of a post on another forum I am on the information is posted on http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=20050 and the thread is located on http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824540 I saw this and thought it was a good idea.

I think it would be amazing if there could be a group of cars both deloreans and bricklins to go to the drive-ins in dayton Dixie twin drive in is located in dayton and should not be too far from the meet location. Might be fun for a group of people to go to if nothing else.

0317, 2190, 0397, proto 005, 2354, 0086 :D
Go to Top of Page

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - August 14 2013 :  17:32:41  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am getting this to Ken at the Delorean Club! EXCELLENT IDEA!!!
Go to Top of Page

kent0242
BI Member

Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - August 26 2013 :  14:12:16  Show Profile Send kent0242 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_vaq136

I think it would be amazing if there could be a group of cars both deloreans and bricklins to go to the drive-ins in dayton Dixie twin drive in is located in dayton and should not be too far from the meet location. Might be fun for a group of people to go to if nothing else.

The Dixie Twin Drive-in looks to be pretty close to the hotel.

Another area drive-in is the Skyborn Drive-in at the north end of Wright-Patterson in Fairborn. I have driven past the Skyborn dozens of times, but never had the opportunity to visit.

Kent
#2832 birthdate 11 SEP 1975
Go to Top of Page

sjzukrow
BI Member

Auctioneer

USA
789 Posts

Posted - August 26 2013 :  14:41:32  Show Profile Send sjzukrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't speak for DeLoreans but most Bricklin radios are junk. Isn't this going to be a problem for those that actually want to watch the movie, complete with sound?

Stuart
Go to Top of Page

JerryM
Former BI Member

USA
167 Posts

Posted - August 26 2013 :  15:14:00  Show Profile  Visit JerryM's Homepage Send JerryM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A DRIVE-IN sounds like fun! Maybe I was misinformed in my younger years but does anyone actually "WATCH or LISTEN" to the movies at Drive-in's?
Go to Top of Page

sjzukrow
BI Member

Auctioneer

USA
789 Posts

Posted - August 26 2013 :  15:42:49  Show Profile Send sjzukrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I was in the car with you, Gerard, I'd be watching and listening intently.

Stuart
Go to Top of Page

JerryM
Former BI Member

USA
167 Posts

Posted - August 26 2013 :  16:51:57  Show Profile  Visit JerryM's Homepage Send JerryM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless of course...you brought your own "entertainment center", Right!
Go to Top of Page

matt_vaq136
Former BI Member

Average Member

USA
545 Posts

Posted - August 26 2013 :  18:12:42  Show Profile  Send matt_vaq136 a Yahoo! Message Send matt_vaq136 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Depending on the drive-in you go to they can have their own speakers or you have to use your radio. I will see what I can find out for the dixie twin.

0317, 2190, 0397, proto 005, 2354, 0086 :D
Go to Top of Page

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - November 19 2013 :  05:31:10  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Bricklin Owners!

The 2014 DeLorean Car Show is in Dayton and I am planning it to be one of my best. For those of you that attended the Florida show you know that the list of guests was the best we have ever had. The rooms were packed with over 400 people every night. Plus we sold out the hotel!

I would like to challenge all of the Bricklin and Delorean owners to help make Dayton the best attended show ever. Besides the show; I will be giving many of you an opportunity to see things that you can see nowhere else in the world.

This show is based on transportation so we will be doing the Dayton Air Force Museum. Its is an Awesome venue for the aviation buff and will take all day on Thursday. Even then you will probably not see everything as it is so big!

You will see a private car collection that is really spectacular. The Taj My Garage, A unique collection of Porsche and Volkswagens plus some other unique exotics.

The Packard Museum has and I hope it is on Display a Packard similar to the one in Back to the Future where Biff got out and George McFly decked him. That would be super cool! Remember John DeLorean got his start at Packard. We have had photos in the museum of him at Packard.

We will be looking at trains, bikes and airplanes at Caroline Park where you will see an actual Wright Brothers airplane. There is a lot of history and entertainment built into this event and I believe it will be our best show! What a great venue for a car show! You will have lots to do at the Saturday car show.

We would like to see 200 Deloreans at the event and going back over records there are over 200 existing Delorean owners that have attended past shows that are within 600 miles so this is truly an achievable goal! Add the 40 plus Bricklins and it will be a super show!

So I ask you to go to the web page deloreancarshow.com if you need more details.

Again this is the last show I am doing so if you like what has been done before please don't miss this opportunity to make DCS and Bricklin history and I assure you that the entertainment value of this show is the best we have ever had.

Again I reserve rooms based on previous shows so the sooner you room register the better and it allows me to get more rooms if necessary. The Bricklin group has its own code so register now! Our entire hotel will be booked with GULLWING OWNERS! Hope to see your Bricklin at the show!!! WE LOVE GULLWINGS!!!!

Thank you for your support! Gettysburg and Lexington were great meets and they were great because we had Bricklins to look at! Hope you can make our last meet.

Ken Koncelik
Senior Trustee
DeLorean Car Show Inc.
Go to Top of Page

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - November 20 2013 :  21:33:26  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken is a great guy!! Thanks Ken for reaching out to the Bricklins! It will be a great meet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
7 Pages
1 2 3 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05