Classifieds FAQ Guestbook Links Member VINs Register
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Bricklin General Discussions
 Events & Owners Seeking Owners
 CAN - Bricklin Documentary to air 2005-11-11?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
2 Pages
1 2 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sjzukrow
BI Member

Auctioneer

USA
789 Posts

Posted - November 08 2005 :  21:02:34  Show Profile Send sjzukrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know French but this link appears to be saying the Bricklin documentary La légende Bricklin will air Friday 11-Nov at 22:00. Eastern time, I suppose. I trust someone fluent in French can check it out and confirm.

It's supposed to air on CBC Radio, the French language part of Canadian Television Network CBC. I don't think there will be a version in English.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/atlantique/Tele/documentaires.shtml

If someone with DVD burning capabilities could record and make copies for the club to sell via Bricklinalia, it would be appreciated.

Stuart

jim1191
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

BI Vice President

USA
1965 Posts

Posted - November 09 2005 :  15:31:38  Show Profile Send jim1191 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The green car in the pic looks like the front end is melted
I will try to email the person at the bottom of the page and ask, hope English won't insult
Go to Top of Page

75sv1
BI Member

Starting Member

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - November 09 2005 :  20:20:24  Show Profile  Visit 75sv1's Homepage Send 75sv1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Green car was done up with movie magic. Painted Styrofoam and chocolate syrup.

Edited by - 75sv1 on November 10 2005 17:36:00
Go to Top of Page

JerryM
Former BI Member

USA
167 Posts

Posted - November 09 2005 :  21:01:58  Show Profile  Visit JerryM's Homepage Send JerryM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I talked with the operator/receptionist at CoJak Productions a few days ago . She said there are plans to dubb it into English and make a DVD copy availible for sale in the near furure. I guess if we bug them enough , they'll speed things up!
Go to Top of Page

brick75
Former BI Member

Canada
1843 Posts

Posted - November 11 2005 :  08:30:23  Show Profile Send brick75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Radio Canada is the french television channel of the Canadian Broadcasting Network. Yes, it appears by this the show will air on TV tonight at 11:00pm EST. That's channel 5 here in Ontario Canada for satellite owners.

I am an anglophone but bilingual so here's the gist of the message:

"The Bricklin Legend"

"New Brunswick wrote a short page in automobile history. In the 1970's there was an entrepeneur Malcolm Bricklin who convinced the Premier of the day Richard Hatfield to launch a program of automobile construction/production. Their dream was realized but it didn't last very long."
Go to Top of Page

brick75
Former BI Member

Canada
1843 Posts

Posted - November 11 2005 :  08:32:05  Show Profile Send brick75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oops, 10:00pm EST.

Marty
Brick75
VIN1548
Go to Top of Page

JerryM
Former BI Member

USA
167 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  14:14:25  Show Profile  Visit JerryM's Homepage Send JerryM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, HOW WAS IT? Did anyone get to watch the Bricklin movie? How about some "Reviews".... How many * star rating did it get?
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

5 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  12:37:41  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was good, but I found it to be more of an entertaining show than a documentary. They had Malcolm stuck in New-Brunswick on Sept.11 and made his nightmare of returning to NB come true.

..Paul
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

79 Posts

Posted - February 17 2008 :  21:15:39  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if LaLegende Bricklin has been dubbed in english and produced on DVD yet?
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

79 Posts

Posted - June 25 2008 :  10:05:40  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an update for everyone... I finally rec'd a response from a producer from Cojak Productions that produced La Legende Bricklin. She told me that they ARE dubbing it in english and it will soon be available for sale on DVD. She told me to check back with her in a few weeks for progress status. Stay tuned, as I will keep you updated!
Go to Top of Page

Domi
BI Member

France
274 Posts

Posted - April 13 2010 :  17:01:52  Show Profile  Click to see Domi's MSN Messenger address Send Domi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know if the DVD is now available in French or English please?
I can't find any informations on their website.
http://www.cojak.ca/Productions/

Domi.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
2 Pages
1 2 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05