Bricklin International Forums
Bricklin International Forums
Classifieds FAQ Guestbook Links Member VINs Register
 All Forums
 Bricklin General Discussions
 Events & Owners Seeking Owners
 2013 Bricklin Nationals East

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
steve_edgar Posted - September 05 2012 : 21:38:21
We have the honour of holding our meet in the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, a converted mansion on 30 acres next to Western University. The location and venue are very well suited for our meet. There is plenty of parking, exclusive use of the venue, close to amenities, centrally located and absolutely top drawer. The rooms are suitable for 1 or 2 people with a queen size bed. Cost is $89 per night based on double occupancy or $89 per night for single occupancy. The regular rate for these rooms is $350 per night. Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre has free WiFi, a free gym, meeting rooms, a top quality kitchen as well as team building and recreational activities.

We also have the privilege of an exclusive invitation for the club to visit Steve Plunkett's 1930s Auto Salon on his estate. The Plunkett collection contains 46 Cadillacs from 1907 to 2010 as well as 19 other rare or historic vehicles.

The club will also have access to the St. Thomas NHRA drag strip only 20 minutes away. We will be able to race our Bricklins on the track for $20 per car.

Other events will be a poker run, a visit to the Railway Brewery, Fanshawe Pioneer Village, tour of Labatt Brewery and special guest Jonathan Bricklin who will be showing his film The Entrepreneur about his famous Dad Malcolm who also has said he will attend! (fingers crossed)

We will be unveiling some new Bricklinalia items with an eye to the ladies as well.

I believe that this venue will offer our membership a truly memorable and enjoyable time with the focus on fun, friends and Bricklins!

I encourage all members to join one or both of the Bricklin Facebook groups. It is my preferred method of communication and social media is one of the ways that we will be attracting new members and future Bricklin owners. I will be posting on the Bricklin International site as well.

Please note no money is required to hold your room reservation.

The link to book your room is here:

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=12536&Chain=5968&arrive=7/10/2013&depart=7/14/2013&adult=1&child=0&group=BRICKLIN

If you wish to make your reservation by telephone please call 1-888-678-6926 and the promo code is BRICKLIN

Meet registration is $40 flat rate and $50 after June 1st, 2013. Banquet cost is $40 per adult, $20 per child 12 or under.

US$ accepted at par for registration and banquet.

Please make cheques payable to: Steve Edgar

And send to:

Steve Edgar
4920 Dundas Street West
Suite 304
Toronto, Ontario
M9A 1B7
Canada

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brick75 Posted - September 21 2013 : 23:45:30

Steve and Marty doing their job with Chop in the middle! Ah, what's he say...hehe?

Marty

steve1189 Posted - September 21 2013 : 19:41:58
A...ha..! Now you know where you left it eh Choppy!
Vin2889 Posted - September 20 2013 : 14:11:02
Mike,

Sorry, no John Martin comments. But, your package has your Silver Award you left in the banquet hall. So accept that as a consolation.

Steve
Gulwings Posted - September 19 2013 : 19:47:05
Thank you so much for this effort Steve... very much appreciated... one question though: does John Martin put his comments on the sheets too?... I am dying to see his scribbles if he did... he is funny as hell... hehehe... great guy, great time, glad I got there.

Thanks again Steve...

Mike P
Vin2889 Posted - September 16 2013 : 15:30:45
Having not heard from anyone with an address change, the judging sheets will go out this week.

Steve
kent0242 Posted - September 15 2013 : 14:34:03
quote:
Originally posted by Vin2889

In the future, we will be adding a check box to meet registration form for each upcoming meet to request that the Judging Sheet be mailed back to the owner after the meet for a nominal fee for postage and handling. This will take the SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) aspect out of the equation and provide owner's with the feedback they desire on their cars.

A suggestion to piggyback that idea - perhaps a check box as well for method of delivery, postal service or electronic form.
brick75 Posted - September 04 2013 : 12:37:03

I echo both Steve E and Steve A's comments. It was a great experience for me also and I learned a lot.

For all of you whom I met, it was just terrific and hope everyone south of the border figured out our kilometres and litres and colourful money, best would be that at home you catch yourself watching a hockey game, drinking a Molson Canadian, saying "Zed" vs "Zee" and ending your last comment with "eh".

The judging sheets will just add to that experience.

Thanks Steve S for this.

Marty
steve1189 Posted - September 02 2013 : 10:50:33
Thanks to Prez Steve and the Executive. Also huge thanks to the judges. This was my first meet and the opportunity to observe some of the judging was very informative. It really is the greatest way for us owners to better understand our cars; to identify what was and wasn't done right by previous owners and to identify what is needed to retain it's originality. A copy of the judging record will be another important piece of documentation along with the valuable information available on this forum.
It was a rewarding experience. I met some wonderful people and learned a lot about the brick. Kudos to all.
steve_edgar Posted - September 02 2013 : 10:32:58
That's wonderful Steve! A collective Thank You Very Much from the London attendees!
Vin2889 Posted - September 02 2013 : 08:49:53
All,

I've been reading the comments on Judging sheets with interest and, after discussing the issue with some board members, have decided to mail back all Judging Sheets collected this year, with no cost to the owner. This will allow owners to review the sheets and to actually see what points were docked and where at this year's meet.

In the future, we will be adding a check box to meet registration form for each upcoming meet to request that the Judging Sheet be mailed back to the owner after the meet for a nominal fee for postage and handling. This will take the SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) aspect out of the equation and provide owner's with the feedback they desire on their cars.

As for some of the other options discussed, such as scanning the forms and posting or email, a sizable segment of our members do not use the forums, Facebook, or email, and it is unfair to penalize those that don't by not offering them an option to get back their sheets, if they so desire. This option should cover all bases, as everyone has an address (hopefully) and can decide at the point of registration, if they wish to have their Judging Sheet returned. Lastly, most folks that would have received an electronic copy would have inevitably printed it out, so this saves some paper in the long run.

I have the sheets and will be shipping them out in the next two weeks to the addresses provided by the owner' on the cover sheet at the meet. If someone has moved in the last two months, and reads this before September 13th, kindly private message me with an updated address and I'll send it along to the new one you provide.

Let me know if anyone has any question.

Thanks,

Steve Stratton

Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05