Printer Friendly
15 Pages
1 2 3 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - September 05 2012 :  21:38:21  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have the honour of holding our meet in the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, a converted mansion on 30 acres next to Western University. The location and venue are very well suited for our meet. There is plenty of parking, exclusive use of the venue, close to amenities, centrally located and absolutely top drawer. The rooms are suitable for 1 or 2 people with a queen size bed. Cost is $89 per night based on double occupancy or $89 per night for single occupancy. The regular rate for these rooms is $350 per night. Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre has free WiFi, a free gym, meeting rooms, a top quality kitchen as well as team building and recreational activities.

We also have the privilege of an exclusive invitation for the club to visit Steve Plunkett's 1930s Auto Salon on his estate. The Plunkett collection contains 46 Cadillacs from 1907 to 2010 as well as 19 other rare or historic vehicles.

The club will also have access to the St. Thomas NHRA drag strip only 20 minutes away. We will be able to race our Bricklins on the track for $20 per car.

Other events will be a poker run, a visit to the Railway Brewery, Fanshawe Pioneer Village, tour of Labatt Brewery and special guest Jonathan Bricklin who will be showing his film The Entrepreneur about his famous Dad Malcolm who also has said he will attend! (fingers crossed)

We will be unveiling some new Bricklinalia items with an eye to the ladies as well.

I believe that this venue will offer our membership a truly memorable and enjoyable time with the focus on fun, friends and Bricklins!

I encourage all members to join one or both of the Bricklin Facebook groups. It is my preferred method of communication and social media is one of the ways that we will be attracting new members and future Bricklin owners. I will be posting on the Bricklin International site as well.

Please note no money is required to hold your room reservation.

The link to book your room is here:

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=12536&Chain=5968&arrive=7/10/2013&depart=7/14/2013&adult=1&child=0&group=BRICKLIN

If you wish to make your reservation by telephone please call 1-888-678-6926 and the promo code is BRICKLIN

Meet registration is $40 flat rate and $50 after June 1st, 2013. Banquet cost is $40 per adult, $20 per child 12 or under.

US$ accepted at par for registration and banquet.

Please make cheques payable to: Steve Edgar

And send to:

Steve Edgar
4920 Dundas Street West
Suite 304
Toronto, Ontario
M9A 1B7
Canada

VIN 846

Edited by - steve_edgar on March 10 2013 18:52:33

kerry4951
BI Member

Average Member

USA
831 Posts

Posted - September 06 2012 :  09:37:05  Show Profile Send kerry4951 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steve
Great job planning this early. You also got some great room rates, the best that Ive seen in a long time. Now no one can say they didnt know well enough in advance to make time for the 2013 meet.

Vin 2200 (Safety white)
Vin 588 (Scottsdale Police Car)
Go to Top of Page

corvettelover
Former BI Member

USA
104 Posts

Posted - September 07 2012 :  03:45:22  Show Profile  Send corvettelover an AOL message Send corvettelover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve_edgar

We have the honour of holding our meet in the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, a converted mansion on 30 acres next to Western University. The location and venue are very well suited for our meet. There is plenty of parking, exclusive use of the venue, close to amenities, centrally located and absolutely top drawer. The rooms are suitable for 1 or 2 people with a queen size bed. Cost is $89 per night based on double occupancy or $99 per night for single occupancy. The regular rate for these rooms is $350 per night. Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre has free WiFi, a free gym, meeting rooms, a top quality kitchen as well as team building and recreational activities.

We also have the privilege of an exclusive invitation for the club to visit Steve Plunketts 1930s Auto Salon on his estate. The Plunkett collection contains 46 Cadillacs from 1907 to 2010 as well as 19 other rare or historic vehicles.

The club will also have access to the St. Thomas NHRA drag strip only 20 minutes away. We will be able to race our Bricklins on the track for $50 per car.

Other events will be a poker run, a visit to the Labatt Brewery, Fanshawe Pioneer Village and movie night featuring Rutger Hauer in Hobo with a Shotgun. This film that has a safety white SV1 loaned to the producers by our own Kevin Campbell from Moncton New Brunswick!

We will be unveiling some new Bricklinalia items with an eye to the ladies as well.

I believe that this venue will offer our membership a truly memorable and enjoyable time with the focus on fun, friends and Bricklins!

I encourage all members to join one or both of the Bricklin Facebook groups. It is my preferred method of communication and social media is one of the ways that we will be attracting new members and future Bricklin owners. I will be posting on the Bricklin International site as well.

The link to book your room is here:

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=12536&Chain=5968&arrive=7/10/2013&depart=7/14/2013&adult=1&child=0&group=BRICKLIN

Meet registration is $40. Banquet cost is $40 per adult, $20 per child 10 or under.

Please make cheques payable to:

Steve Edgar

4920 Dundas Street West
Suite 304
Toronto, Ontario
M9A 1B7

Steve,

Email a flyer to me at corvettelover@socal.rr.com and I will post it on the event calender.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - September 10 2012 :  08:54:30  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Already booked my room

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

gulwing1
BI Member

USA
240 Posts

Posted - September 10 2012 :  16:22:46  Show Profile Send gulwing1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just booked mine.

Also are you going to have a registration form like the other meets had?

Ivan
VIN 1050

Edited by - gulwing1 on September 11 2012 20:20:46
Go to Top of Page

pta
BI Member

Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - September 11 2012 :  21:52:46  Show Profile  Send pta a Yahoo! Message Send pta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it sounds like a good meet, my question is, is the room rate per person,so if my wife and i get a room is it$200. or is it $99
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - September 11 2012 :  23:00:29  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rate is for the room, not the person. 2 people in a room, $89 per night for the room.

VIN 846
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - September 11 2012 :  23:03:42  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, that's $89 for the room for 2 people or $89 for a single for the room.

VIN 846

Edited by - steve_edgar on March 08 2013 09:49:28
Go to Top of Page

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - September 12 2012 :  08:10:07  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is CHEAP!!! Great job Steve!
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - November 21 2012 :  20:14:44  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Registration form updated

VIN 846

Edited by - steve_edgar on March 05 2013 16:00:40
Go to Top of Page

bmadu
Former BI Member

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - November 29 2012 :  12:46:18  Show Profile Send bmadu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What exactly is happening each of the 5 days? I won't be coming with a car so I would like to know what is happening each day so I can decide how many days I want to come for.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
15 Pages
1 2 3 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05