Printer Friendly
15 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brick75
Former BI Member

Canada
1843 Posts

Posted - February 05 2013 :  16:29:56  Show Profile Send brick75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I just want to point out this is not just Canada. Things tightened up first after 9/11 on the US side big time, then a bit more cooperation/understanding between our two govenments started to happen.

A smile at the border with a birth certificate or even better a drivers licence with a photo won't do it anymore.

Bottom line is unfortunately (but probably good in the long term) we all need passports today...hey you never know when your partner wants to go to some far flung place.

I'd hate to see border issues be a problem with a BI meet, we really are two unique countries in the world.

Marty

Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - February 05 2013 :  23:30:37  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is an option for travel to and from Canada. It is called Nexus and there is information at this link.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html

It allows for passage to and from Canada for 5 years. Cost $50. Has anyone used this process?

For some bordering states to Canada you can get an enhanced drivers license from the issuing state.

Our site has a little trouble with this URL. You will have to cut and paste into your browser.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1269/~/what-is-an-enhanced-driver s-license- edl %3F

There is also a passport card (only for land travel) $55

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3921.html

Edited by - play8o9 on February 06 2013 14:06:25
Go to Top of Page

Gulwings
Former BI Member

Canada
1139 Posts

Posted - February 06 2013 :  13:08:04  Show Profile Send Gulwings a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... my Brother has a Nexus card and he swears by it... for travel between Canada and the U.S. it shows both sides that you have been checked out thoroughly and also travel often between the two for whatever reason... kinda like a frequent flyer card for an airline at the check-in counter...

Mike P

Go to Top of Page

brick75
Former BI Member

Canada
1843 Posts

Posted - February 07 2013 :  20:08:33  Show Profile Send brick75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Nexus is great but this is above and beyond a passport (speedy pass)but you will need a passport for Nexus.

My humble advice to everyone, just get a passport, on both sides, it is the way to go in the future.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - February 13 2013 :  12:42:20  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bricklin Meet Room Rate reduction for Double occupancy!

The room rate for a double has been reduced to $89 per night from $99, the same rate as a single! So two can stay for the price of one. There is also a supplementary charge of $15 per person per night for 24 hour snacks, fruit, yoghurt, muffins, bagels, soft drinks, tea, coffee, espresso, cappuccino and more.

The best way to look at this is $137 per night for your double occupancy room and free breakfast, snacks and beverages or $113 per night for a single.

Please be reminded that all rooms contain only 1 queen sized bed with a maximum of 2 people per room.

So far we have 56 room nights booked!!!

VIN 846

Edited by - steve_edgar on March 08 2013 09:52:54
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - February 18 2013 :  15:54:18  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuesday July 9 Early bird arrivals. No events planned other than pub night for those that are here!

Wednesday July 10 - Registration . 11 AM tour of Labatt Brewery, Lunch and tour of Fanshawe Pioneer Village. Pub night, meet and greet.

Thursday July 11 10 AM Poker Run including lunch, special guest and presentation Thursday evening

Friday July 12 10 AM Tour of the Plunkett Estate Auto Salon, lunch at the Railway Brewery and drag racing at 1:00 at the St. Thomas NHRA track. Friday evening Screening of The Entrepreneur by Jonathan Bricklin.

Saturday July 13 Car show and judging, Banquet and Auction Saturday night

Sunday July 14 Getaway day

If you or anyone have any suggestions as to who wishes to speak or present I would love to work them in, especially if Jonathan Bricklin is a no-show. Some of the events may be subject to change due to weather.

Please note that all rooms are $89 per night, single or double occupancy. There will be a charge of $25 per person per night that covers breakfast as well as 24 hour snacks and soft drinks including muffins, bagels, cheese, yoghurt, cookies, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, espresso and cappuccino. Free WiFi and gym.

The Saturday Night Banquet cost is $40 per person. Kids 12 and under $20. More detailed itinerary will be provided as we get closer to the event.

VIN 846

Edited by - steve_edgar on March 10 2013 18:57:18
Go to Top of Page

bmadu
Former BI Member

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - February 27 2013 :  13:05:03  Show Profile Send bmadu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Need some answers please!!!

My car isn't ready yet so a couple of friends are going to bring us down for Friday and Saturday. Since we are not there with a car do I have to go through registration? Would we have to pay for the tour on Friday? I have sent out emails but have had no response.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

marks
BI Member

USA
365 Posts

Posted - March 03 2013 :  14:37:48  Show Profile Send marks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance of a tour at the Windsor Ford plant? Is there a cost for any of the other tours? Is there a cost to watch the drag races, is it still $50 to run? Don't mean to be a pain, but I need to come up with a budget for this trip and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Mark
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - March 03 2013 :  22:11:02  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Windsor Ford plant is over 2 hours away from London, so there are no plans to tour the plant. The Drag Racing will be $20 per car and driver and $5 for spectators. It's the best deal I could get.

VIN 846
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - March 05 2013 :  15:53:27  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BRICKLIN 2013 Grand National Meet In London Ontario Canada JULY 10-14, 2013

Advance registration required

Name___________________________________________________(first and last)

Name of your spouse (if attending) _______________________________________

Total number of attendees___________ Children under 12? ___________________

Street address________________________________________________________

City______________________________Province /State______________________

Postal Code______________ BRICKLIN VIN_______________Colour____________

Mobile number_________________________E-mail Address__________________

Meet registration $40 per family and Car attending (flat rate)

X $_________

$50 after June 1st.

Saturday Banquet each $40 x how many $_________

Child Banquet (under 12) $20 x how many $_________

Total enclosed $__________

Make Cheques payable to Steve Edgar (US $ accepted at par) Please send to:

Steve Edgar
4920 Dundas Street West
Suite 304
Toronto, Ontario M9A 1B7

416-606-0449 (Mobile) e-mail steve_edgar@me.com

Accommodation is at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre. Room rates are $89 per night for a double or $89 per night for a single. The rooms all have 1 queen size bed with refrigerator and free WiFi. The regular rate for these rooms is $350 per night.

Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
551 Windermere Road
London, Ontario N5X 2T1
Canada
(888) 678-6926

http://www.iveyspencerleadershipcentre.com

For hotel reservations go to:

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=12536&Chain=5968&arrive=7%2F10%2F2013&depart=7%2F14%2F2013&adult=1&child=0&group=BRICKLIN

Use promo code: BRICKLIN

Please remember that no money is required to make your room reservation. If you wish to make your reservation by telephone, please call 1-888-678-6926

VIN 846

Edited by - steve_edgar on March 08 2013 09:34:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
15 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 5 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05