Printer Friendly
15 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - November 29 2012 :  14:36:13  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The exact itinerary will be posted in the New Year. We're still over 7 months away from the Meet!

VIN 846
Go to Top of Page

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - November 29 2012 :  18:54:50  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just put 1132 into storage but need to tweak it for the meet. Really looking forward to the Drive!!
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - November 30 2012 :  00:38:38  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to seeing her!

VIN 846

Edited by - steve_edgar on November 30 2012 00:39:53
Go to Top of Page

kerry4951
BI Member

Average Member

USA
831 Posts

Posted - February 02 2013 :  10:12:08  Show Profile Send kerry4951 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I talked with Bob Hoffman and he mentioned to me that he talked with two BI members recently who had no idea that a passport (or proper ID) is required to gain entry into Canada. I emailed John Blair and suggested that he print something in the next Brickline reminding members of this. I would hate to someone show up at the border and not get in. Things have changed since 9/11, so all those planing to attend make sure you get your proper paperwork. They claim its a 4-6 week wait to get a passport in the US. 2-3 weeks if you want to pay for expediated service. Just a friendly reminder fellows.

Vin 2200 (Safety white)
Vin 588 (Scottsdale Police Car)

Edited by - kerry4951 on February 02 2013 10:13:15
Go to Top of Page

steve1189
Former BI Member

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - February 03 2013 :  07:51:00  Show Profile Send steve1189 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kerry, good point and something that should be verified before July.
I know that Canadians entering the US by car must have a valid Canadian passport, learned the hard way on a day trip to upstate New York, wifie forgot her passport on the kitchen counter, worst five hours of my life being denied entry to the US, but I must admit, US Customs officials were exceptionally polite and gracious hosts.
This needs to be confirmed but my understanding is that a US citizen can enter Canada without a passport. The problem is that US Customs won't let you back in the US without a passport since about 2008.
At the end of the day, best be prepared and travel with a passport.

steve1189
Go to Top of Page

kerry4951
BI Member

Average Member

USA
831 Posts

Posted - February 03 2013 :  09:06:50  Show Profile Send kerry4951 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two years ago we drove to Alaska. We entered thru check points (about 10 total) going in and out of Canada, to and from Alaska. Every check point, in Canada and the US, wanted to see our passport, my drivers license, and registration to the vehicle.

Vin 2200 (Safety white)
Vin 588 (Scottsdale Police Car)
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - February 04 2013 :  07:11:09  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for travel by land (ie not flying) an enhanced drivers license or passport card will suffice, if flying in you will need a full passport

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

go2toa
Former BI Member

Average Member

USA
970 Posts

Posted - February 04 2013 :  23:09:30  Show Profile Send go2toa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone told me there are a lot of laws that cannot be on your record to enter by land. Basically anything higher than a speeding ticket or jaywalking. They said it wasnt quite as strict when flying in with a passport.
Go to Top of Page

go2toa
Former BI Member

Average Member

USA
970 Posts

Posted - February 04 2013 :  23:15:24  Show Profile Send go2toa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont have a problem with the list of laws i was shown for entering the country... But an article on entering canada is a great idea.
Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - February 05 2013 :  08:29:42  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is another option related to a US drivers license. I cannot remember the term that was used. This may be another option other than a passport. If the passport is the only option then that would probably prevent me from attending the meet. This may be true for others also.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
15 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05