Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
2 Pages
1 2 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GreenTrash
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

177 Posts

Posted - November 19 2013 :  08:03:48  Show Profile Send GreenTrash a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just read about the Bricklin Nationals next year as part of the Delorean meet. The website certainly does not seem that special considering next year is the 40th Anniversary, in fact its as if the Bricklins won't even be there. I would like to point out that many of the former Bricklin workers are getting on in years and it is very unlikely that they will be around for the 50th to celebrate in Saint John. Many of the former plant workers in both Saint John and Minto would show up for a special event next summer. From my recent experience in New Brunswick I get a sense that New Brunswickers would be very gracious and thrilled to share in a special celebration. Certainly the tourism office for both Saint John and New Brunswick would promote such an event, (free publicity) The New Brunswick Museum is doing a very good job of navigating the paperwork nightmare to ensure the Gray Ghost gets to safety and to make an appearance for the 40th. I keep on hearing in various posts about how you can intrigue a next generation, how you can get the word out about your special cars. Yet the one event that can generate a great amount of publicity seems to be going by the wayside. Both Chris LeBlanc and myself will gladly let our films be a part of it. It would be greatly appreciated if any of you can shed some light on this matter.
Regards, Andrew

Gulwings
Former BI Member

Canada
1139 Posts

Posted - November 19 2013 :  18:50:03  Show Profile Send Gulwings a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... I have some contacts there already Andrew and we have kicked the idea around in the past months... I can email you the correspondence I have had and a bunch of names I have talked to for this... there are a bunch of us from Ontario (at least) willing to go for sure.

I am trying to work out a car transport deal for 6 or 8 cars to go on a truck/trailer.

Mike M is aware and has been copied on my emails to the folks in Saint John. You are totally right that they are wide open for this event down there. We have been "given" the boardwalk and the convention centre for our cars at no cost.

It's an on-going thing "we" are trying to hatch. I guess it might be time to really ramp it up before January hits and they set their schedules...

Mike P

http://www.bricklin.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2923

Go to Top of Page

GreenTrash

177 Posts

Posted - November 19 2013 :  19:52:55  Show Profile Send GreenTrash a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike
Between now and January is crucial because a lot of key tourism initiatives need a decent lead time. I am not a public relations company but I truly think this is an opportunity for what many of you have vocalized about in the past. If there is anything that I can do to help, let me know. I can cover many of the graphics and web stuff you need, just ask.
Andrew
Go to Top of Page

75sv1
BI Member

Starting Member

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - November 19 2013 :  22:46:08  Show Profile  Visit 75sv1's Homepage Send 75sv1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will have 2455 and 2824 there.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GreenTrash

177 Posts

Posted - November 20 2013 :  05:45:25  Show Profile Send GreenTrash a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike
Send me the contacts, greentrash@me.com and I will touch base with them. I will send an info file to John Irving with regards to getting a historical plaque placed at the factory. Also will get the N.B. archives, Heritage N.B. and the New Brunswick Museum into the loop. As part of the celebration and I know you guys love to do a rally, think about doing a loop, Saint John, Minto and Fredericton as they are historically significant to the Bricklin project. Or have the transport truck stop in Fredericton, Minto and other N.B. places along the way for publicity. Is this to be sanctioned by B.I. or are we on our own?
Andrew
Go to Top of Page

GreenTrash

177 Posts

Posted - December 02 2013 :  16:26:12  Show Profile Send GreenTrash a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just had a long productive talk with Keith Raynes at Discover Saint John about the 40th Anniversary event for the Bricklin, Back to the Nest. He feels this is a very strong event for Saint John to be involved with and he will be bringing other agencies into the planning of this. His first contact will be with Saint John Marketplace, this is a large facility that has the Hilton Hotel, the New Brunswick Museum, the Commonwealth Pool, Don Cherrys and many other restaurants and bars. It is also right on the harbor front where the cars would be lined up for display.

He has also discussed potential sponsorship by Moosehead or Moosehead Light, he will go over his contacts further to see if there could be more to approach. I will be doing a revision of the suggested events from the large list generated in July, then merge it with a cohesive proposal that he can use to approach the different parties. Also he can reach out with a couple of radio stations to become part of this event. They will be having musical acts in that area so if we can get to the bands in advance, we could get them interested in performing Charlie Russels two Bricklin songs.

We discussed the idea of the cars having a parade from the factory to the waterfront and he thought this would be an excellent thing to do. Also, having a Bricklin film fest was discussed and that is a go, tentatively slated for Market Place. A list of potential hotels will be sent to us as a formality along with their contacts. I checked out the Hilton with its great harbour views, excellent rooms and facilities. I think the group rate we might get with harbour view king rooms with parking in the garage (a Bricklin area) should be about $110-$120/night.

I shared The New Brunswick Museum contact information for the Gray Ghost with Keith Raynes so they will be in sync. So, all in all a good start. Now comes your parts, I will need to know the exact dates for the event, if you want cruise events, public outreach events such as giving kids rides in cars, a colouring contest and more? A lot needs to be done quickly so that we get into the tourism publicity cycle in time. I will be sending logo number one of Back to the Nest with the pitch, I think most of you preferred that one.

Keith and I can do a lot to start, but we will need a lead person in New Brunswick. I will contact Mike McClusky in Saint John to see if he will do it or have a suggestion. There might be a few former workers that would be excited to do this.
Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Gulwings
Former BI Member

Canada
1139 Posts

Posted - January 23 2014 :  15:29:13  Show Profile Send Gulwings a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... a good friend of mine from my High School days (back when Bricklins were new) has a relative in Saint John that owns a B&B... he currently has 10 rooms available around the time frame of the Back to the Nest visit... they range from $109 to $179 per night BUT he is a total car freak and would give us a discount to fill his place with Bricklins and be a part of history... check out his place and let's decide if we do something with this...

http://www.homeport.nb.ca/

Cheers!

Chopstick

Edited by - Gulwings on January 23 2014 15:51:04
Go to Top of Page

GreenTrash

177 Posts

Posted - January 23 2014 :  22:46:54  Show Profile Send GreenTrash a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chop
I've stayed at Homeport, its nice. Heather Peterson and I will be having a phone meeting tomorrow in regards to using Market Square for Bricklin 40. It has the Hilton, similar rate as Homeport, enclosed parking and security for the cars, the NB Museum is in Market Square, the waterfront to display the cars, meeting facilities, indoor display areas, restaurants and pubs. We will be discussing a level of sponsorship and the tourism folks have helped to set this up.
Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Rocknrotty
Former BI Member

Starting Member

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - March 11 2014 :  10:56:58  Show Profile Send Rocknrotty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any new news on this Meet
Go to Top of Page

ken_parkman

Starting Member

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - April 13 2014 :  09:46:39  Show Profile Send ken_parkman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second the question, any news? Planning on going that way anyhow with the Bricklin (take it back to my dad) and we are looking at dropping into Saint John for this.
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - June 09 2014 :  12:04:22  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello... anybody home? or is this dead?.. did green trash fall off the face of the earth?

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
2 Pages
1 2 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05