2 Pages
1 2 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vin6635
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

Average Member

USA
673 Posts

Posted - August 05 2015 :  11:24:33  Show Profile Send vin6635 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have any details been announced?

BobZee567
BI Member

BI President

USA
34 Posts

Posted - August 05 2015 :  14:01:42  Show Profile Send BobZee567 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The tentative itinerary is still in the works, the meet will still be in Port Washington, Wisconsin in July 2016
Go to Top of Page

vin6635
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

Average Member

USA
673 Posts

Posted - August 06 2015 :  11:20:23  Show Profile Send vin6635 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Very close to Chicago - plan to be there! Not that my schedule has ANY impact on the date...but 7/21-24 isn't great...

I know my good friend Bill Schafer will bring his beautiful green 74.
Go to Top of Page

Former BI Member

Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - December 13 2015 :  23:23:30  Show Profile Send 0049 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while waiting to hear details on the 2016 meet. We are thrilled to have you all come to our hometown of Port Washington, WI! We think we have some exciting events planned and cant wait to show you all how fabulous and fun our great state of WI can be. Here is a general itinerary of what to expect, we will post this again after the holidays with more detailed times and costs, and we will have the formal registration form ready to print and mail in. And if youd like to break away on your own for a while, we will be providing information on a variety of points of interest and shopping/eating venues.

Wednesday July 13th
Arrive any time and register at the hotel. Hospitality room open.

Thursday July 14th
Caravan south to the official Harley Davidson Museum (not a factory) in downtown Milwaukee
Lunch to be determined.
Caravan north through Milwaukee/northern suburbs returning to Port Washington, or explore Milwaukee on your own.
End at Coal Dock Park for pictures of your Bricklin along Lake Michigan and the Port Marina
Stop back at the hotel to freshen up if needed.
Caravan to Wayne's Drive-In, Cedarburg WI, to take part in their weekly classic car cruise in.
Dinner at Wayne's.
Return to hotel, hospitality room open

Friday July 15th
Poker run from hotel through the picturesque northern Kettle Moraine Unit to Elkhart Lake, WI.
Drive on the historic 4-mile Road America road course during the WeatherTech International Challenge Vintage Race Weekend (this is a once-in-a-lifetime-dont-miss-this opportunity!!)
Lunch and the rest of the day are still in the works but will likely include remaining in Elkhart Lake to be included in more events as part of the Vintage Race weekend (which includes great opportunity for public viewing of our Bricklins). Another option would be returning to Port for an on-your-own evening with a list of local venues.

Caravan back to hotel, hospitality room open.

Saturday July 16th
Bricklin car show held in Upper Lake Park in Port Washington, WI, in conjunction with Port Fish Day. Port Fish Day is the largest one day fish fry in the world. Events include a parade, car show, art/crafts show, carnival, and helicopter rides. Our car show judging will take place alongside the Fish Day car show overlooking Lake Michigan. Participants can walk from the car show area to the lakefront where the rest of the festival takes place.

Banquet to follow at the hotel, hospitality room open following the banquet.

Host hotel:
Country Inn and Suites
350 E. Seven Hills Rd
Port Washington, WI 53074
Rates are Wed/Thurs $89.00, Fri/Sat $139.00 (based on double occ.)
Mention Bricklin International when making reservations (parlor suites available for additional cost)
262-284-2100
countryinns.com/port-washington-hotel

Links to more info on meet locations/events:
www.harley-davidson.com/museum
www.waynesdrivein.com
www.roadamerica.com
www.elkhartlake.com
www.portfishday.com
www.visitportwashington.com

Meet director:
Dan Hodorowski
Acme738@yahoo.com
Cell 414-313-6312

Dan
Go to Top of Page

gulwing1
BI Member

USA
240 Posts

Posted - March 02 2016 :  11:20:56  Show Profile Send gulwing1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it's going to be a good meet.

I was planning on attending with my daughter but now I will not be able to due to my having to move in June/July.

My wife is a Methodist Minister and at the beck and call of the Baltimore Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church. She is being relocated from Germantown, MD to Darlington, MD. My wife starts at her new church July 1st. We will be busy settling in at the parsonage in what looks like is the middle of nowhere, MD. From what I seen so far on the map the closest supermarket in approximately 20-30 mins. away. i'm used to driving up the street 2-3 mins. to go shopping. HELP!!!

Hope everyone has a good time and definitely hope to see you in 2017 at the next meet.

Ivan
VIN 1050

Edited by - gulwing1 on March 02 2016 11:28:05
Go to Top of Page

marks
BI Member

USA
365 Posts

Posted - March 06 2016 :  17:46:07  Show Profile Send marks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Before I send in my registration, what are we going to do @ Road America?
Go to Top of Page

Former BI Member

Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - March 07 2016 :  19:26:34  Show Profile Send 0049 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The weekend of the Bricklin meet is vintage race weekend at Road America. On Friday during lunch, racing is stopped, and we will be able to drive on the track for approximately 45-60 minutes. We will have a pace car ( bummer ), but it will still be a unique opportunity to drive on the historic track.

Dan
Go to Top of Page

Former BI Member

Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - March 07 2016 :  21:23:33  Show Profile Send 0049 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of you that live in Michigan ( or traveling through Michigan ) to attend this year's meet, a route to consider would be one of the two ferries that cross Lake Michigan. Either is a viable alternative to having to drive the southern route through the Chicago area.

The Lake Express ferry operates between Milwaukee, WI and Muskegon, MI, and is only a 2 1/2 hour trip. This ferry is smaller, but really can cut off a lot of time and miles from your trip. It carries vehicles and some trailers, but I don't believe it can handle motor homes. It's approximately a 35 minute drive from the Port of Milwaukee to the hotel, depending on traffic.

www.lake-express.com

The S.S. Badger operates between Manitowoc, WI, and Ludington, MI., and the trip takes approximately 4 hours. The Badger is the last coal-fired passenger ship operating on the Great Lakes that can easily carry vehicles that are semi-truck size or larger. The trip is significantly longer due to the difference in speed, but it's a smooth ride due to the size of the ship. It's approximately a 1 hour trip to the hotel from Manitowoc.

www.ssbadger.com

I have used both ferries on several occasions and have yet to experience a bad trip. The prices for either ferry are not cheap, but are a great alternative to the added miles taking the southern route. Please see either website for details.

Dan
Go to Top of Page

Former BI Member

Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  23:51:16  Show Profile Send 0049 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 2016 meet is approaching fast!! Please make your hotel reservations prior to June 1st, this is one of THE biggest weekends for tourism (due to events and attractions) and after June 1st our host hotel will open up any remaining rooms to the public. (And you will not be able to find a room at any neighboring hotels either.). Any questions? Just ask #128522;

Dan
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  14:04:54  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
booked my room but unfortunately will be a short show for us due to some work commitments that cant be broken

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

RickAndRickyInCT
Former BI Member

Average Member

USA
667 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  14:40:21  Show Profile Send RickAndRickyInCT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I called yesterday, and the hotel is supposedly full

R&r
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
2 Pages
1 2 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05