New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve_Ickes
BI Member

USA
181 Posts

Posted - August 19 2017 :  08:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Steve_Ickes's Homepage Send Steve_Ickes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2018 Bricklin International Meet

SAVE THE DATE NOTICE

DATE: August 8, 2018 thru August 12, 2018

Kathryn and I are pleased to host the 2018 Bricklin Meet

IN 1971 Malcolm Bricklin formed a company called General Vehicles, Inc., rented a building in Livonia, Michigan to design, engineer, and prototype a car that would carry his name and 47 years later we are pleased to invite you to come to Livonia where it all began.

The hotel has been secured and the calendar is filling up with activities. The hotel still owes me the registration information for you to use to reserve your room and I will have it in about a week. So, watch for this information to arrive on the Bricklin Forum and Facebook pages. At that time, I will also share with you information on the hotel (name, pricing, and amenities), the location of our judging event, and other items that are currently on the schedule. The actual meet registrations will go out later once all events and pricing is secured.

We do hope you will be able to join us and come to Livonia. where it all began.

Steve Ickes

Steve 2355

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - August 21 2017 :  05:13:49  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we'll be there

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

Steve_Ickes
BI Member

USA
181 Posts

Posted - August 28 2017 :  15:57:13  Show Profile  Visit Steve_Ickes's Homepage Send Steve_Ickes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UPDATE

2018 Bricklin Meet
Livonia....Where it all began.

Finally, I received the registration information for the hotel. So, let me share with you how the 2018 meet is shaping up, so far.

Dates: August 8-12, 2018
Host Hotel: Embassy Suites, Livonia, Michigan (West of Detroit near 7 mile and I-275)
You have two ways to register:
1. Through a website they created for our event: http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/D/DTTLIES-BI8-20180808/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
2. Call them (734) 462-6000. Tell them youre with Bricklin International and our Code is BI8
Room rate: $129 per night. Either two double beds or one King.
Rate Includes:
  • Complementary Managers Reception every night 5:30p to 7:30p Free Beer, Wine, and mixed drinks, plus hors d'oeuvres
  • Complementary made to order Breakfast every morning.

The hotel has a full-time lounge and restaurant. We will have a hospitality room adjacent to the lounge so you can take anything from the lounge into the hospitality room. The hospitality room will be set up with 40 seats and that will still leave us lots of room for Bricklinalia. The Hospitality room will open at noon on August 8th for those that arrive early.

The Hotel will also block off a section of the parking lot just for us and provide a car washing area.

August 9, 2018
9:00am Arrive at The Henry Ford Museum for photo op in front of this historic building.
9:30am or sometime shortly thereafter, depart via bus from the museum to the Ford Rouge Factory tour.
Noon: arrive back at The Henry Ford Museum for a self-guided tour. There are places to eat in the museum.
5:00pm museum closes and everyone must leave.
Cost for the above: $31 per person

August 10, 2018
Still working on this day. I have some great ideas but it will take time for them to mature. Ill let you know what they are once I get some more responses from the people Ive contacted.

August 11, 2018
9:00am move cars to Main Street in Northville, MI (about 4 miles from hotel). The City of Northville will block-off a one block section of Main street in the center of downtown for us. This is where our judging event will take place and the cars will be staged for observation by the community.
We heard from the attendees at the Dover meet that they liked the opportunity to walk around town and visit some of the shops and eateries, during the car judging. Northville is an upscale community with plenty of both.

6:00pm Cocktails at the Embassy suites

7:00pm Move into the banquet room for dinner and the other stuff that occurs at our banquets. This will be a sit-down dinner with a cash bar. The menu has not been decided yet because its almost a year away and the hotel is not sure what they will offer next year. You will have choices and they will be listed on the registration sheet.

That's all I have for now. Things are coming together and Im sure you'll have a good time. Official registration forms will go out once all events and costs are known. If you have any suggestions or heard of something that is a must see while in southeastern Michigan, drop me a note and I see what we can do.

See ya,
Steve Ickes

Steve 2355

Edited by - Steve_Ickes on August 28 2017 16:06:15
Go to Top of Page

Steve_Ickes
BI Member

USA
181 Posts

Posted - September 01 2017 :  19:22:34  Show Profile  Visit Steve_Ickes's Homepage Send Steve_Ickes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Additional information on rooms and things you may want to consider.

Ive heard there has been some confusion over rooms. Primarily, between the two double-bed room and the king bed room and which one meets your requirements. Let me explain.

Every room in the Embassy Suites Hotel is a suite, meaning every room has a bedroom and a living room separated by a wall with a door. Each bedroom has one TV and each living room has one TV. Every living room includes a sofa that folds out to a queen size bed. All rooms in this hotel were recently renovated so the sofa beds are in like new condition. I tell you this because if you are sharing a room with someone or another couple, you will have more privacy in the King room if the other party uses the sofa bed. This will actually turn your King room into a two bedroom facility each room will have its own TV, so you dont have to worry about your room guest keeping you up all night watching reruns of The Dating Game. Unless you really need a room with two double beds, I suggest taking a room with a King bed, for the reasons previously stated.youll have more privacy.

Based on the information above, if you already have a double bed room and have decided a king room, which offers more privacy, is something you would rather have, please call the hotel and change your room.

The response for hotel registrations has been great considering our meet is almost a year away. We have actually used up all the double bed rooms in our block so this is the reason why the website/reservation desk is no longer showing these rooms available. The hotel is going to add a few more double bed rooms to our block. The Embassy Suites and I will be monitoring this closely and will make every effort to accommodate your requests.

Heres the link to the website for booking your room: http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/D/DTTLIES-BI8-20180808/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

One last item: If you used the 800 national reservation line (located in Texas) and the call was droppedthat has been resolved.

Steve 2355
Go to Top of Page

JimMcLear
BI Member

Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - September 05 2017 :  20:48:26  Show Profile Send JimMcLear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got my reservation in!!

Brick36
Jin McLear

Brick36
Go to Top of Page

Steve_Ickes
BI Member

USA
181 Posts

Posted - October 01 2017 :  19:49:06  Show Profile  Visit Steve_Ickes's Homepage Send Steve_Ickes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2018 Bricklin meet update: We are having a great response to the 2018 Bricklin east meet. So far, you guys have booked 15 rooms and I havent even finished the activities yet. Your response has been a surprise to the folks at Embassy Suites and they are talking to me about adding more rooms to our block. They've told me they'll add rooms to our block as long as room are available, but also told me that there are two other organizations booking rooms for the same time frame. So if you are planning on attending I would recommend reserving your rooms ASAP.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Livoniawhere it all began.

Steve 2355
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05