13 Pages
« 10 11 12 13 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bricklin1155
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

BI Regional Director - Ohio

USA
1697 Posts

Posted - December 08 2008 :  12:19:16  Show Profile  Visit Bricklin1155's Homepage  Click to see Bricklin1155's MSN Messenger address Send Bricklin1155 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsilliker

Was it ever revealed what the VIN number was for the CCR car? I looked back through the first several pages and didn't see it.

VIN1279

http://www.bricklin.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1019

Michael V. Mitchell - VIN 1155
Go to Top of Page

Bricklin1155

BI Regional Director - Ohio

USA
1697 Posts

Posted - December 16 2008 :  06:01:59  Show Profile  Visit Bricklin1155's Homepage  Click to see Bricklin1155's MSN Messenger address Send Bricklin1155 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.kitcarconnection.com/country/in-depth-coverage-las-vegas-sema-show-2007-exceeds-expectations.html

quote:
SEMA Show 2007 Exceeds Expectations!
By James Martell - Posted on January 21st, 2008

We also saw a very early kit car, a Bricklin SV-1 (1975). This one was fully restored and modified in a bright orange. It's the only North American built gull-wing car. Manufactured primarily from Detroit parts from 1974 to 1976 in Brunswick Canada for exclusive sale in the US, there were only 5000 Bricklin SV-1s sold in NA. However, unfortunately there were only 2854 Bricklin cars built before Bricklin was forced into bankruptcy.

This orange one was a beauty, with a built-in roll cage, sideguard rails, and shock absorbing bumpers (quite an advancement for a kit car back then). The fiberglass body came in five colors (safety red, safety orange, safety green, safety suntan, and safety white) and was even recognized by Canada Post with its own limited edition stamp and the Canadian Mint with a $20 silver anniversary coin. This particular car was built by Syndicate Automotive Concepts.

Michael V. Mitchell - VIN 1155
Go to Top of Page

Davhansen
Former BI Member

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - December 16 2008 :  22:27:42  Show Profile  Visit Davhansen's Homepage Send Davhansen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe 'restored' is a poor choice of word here - this is definitely a cool custom 'rebuild', and more than a simple 'restomod'. It could even be considered an 'Ambassador' to our hobby, based on the attention our cars have received through CCR's efforts. "O)

Kit Car???

Hmmm...does that mean a good many AMCs were kit cars as well?

Where is Brunswick Canada?

Seems there is a lower expectation for checking facts when publishing to the Internet these days.

Cheers
Dave

Cheers
Dave

VIN 2163 "LOTAGULL"
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - December 29 2008 :  23:32:29  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would "Ambassador" mean it's worth more than the others? LOL.

1279 - Build 'em wild. Drive 'em bold.
Go to Top of Page

Davhansen
Former BI Member

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - December 29 2008 :  23:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Davhansen's Homepage Send Davhansen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely. "O) Happy New Year Dan!

VIN 2163 "LOTAGULL"
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

6 Posts

Posted - January 10 2009 :  18:09:18  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just in case others can't find the DVD, and look here, Dan (I think it's him) sells them on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Official-WAS-Merchandise
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

79 Posts

Posted - March 07 2009 :  21:14:46  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not like what they stated for the Sema Show info...Referring to our Bricklin as a Kit-Car...I don't think so!!
Go to Top of Page

jim1191

BI Vice President

USA
1965 Posts

Posted - November 16 2009 :  15:20:28  Show Profile Send jim1191 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the sound of it!

Go to Top of Page

brick75
Former BI Member

Canada
1843 Posts

Posted - November 16 2009 :  19:50:47  Show Profile Send brick75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sounds great, I think the DVD is a classic...great rebuild. Anyone know what happened to it...ownership wise?

Marty
VIN 1548
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - December 20 2009 :  08:42:46  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I own 1279. It has my three car garage all to itself.

1279 - Build 'em wild. Drive 'em bold.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
13 Pages
« 10 11 12 13 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05