Printer Friendly
13 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

deleted

129 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  12:01:42  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this? Pics or anything?

Dennis Kronberg
Excelsior, MN
Go to Top of Page

Bricklin1155

BI Regional Director - Ohio

USA
1697 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  12:20:04  Show Profile  Visit Bricklin1155's Homepage  Click to see Bricklin1155's MSN Messenger address Send Bricklin1155 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not so far. They promised to send some pics, but I haven't seen any yet.

I'll contact them again first chance I get and see what I can do!

Michael V. Mitchell - VIN 1155
Go to Top of Page

Bricklin1155

USA
1697 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  03:37:58  Show Profile  Visit Bricklin1155's Homepage  Click to see Bricklin1155's MSN Messenger address Send Bricklin1155 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Received the following update from Dan Woods of WAS Productions, Inc. (Thanks for the update Dan!!)

Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 6:05 PM
Subject: CCR Bricklin Show

Hi Michael,
Good to hear from you again. I'm happy to update you and the members on the progress of our Bricklin project.

Its getting down to "crunch time" for the team. They have a little more than a month to get the car together. We're scheduled to unveil it on July 2nd at the Canadian Consul's residence in LA, as part of a Canada Day event.

Visually, the car is looking great! The body is painted. The engine is complete and dressed nicely. It should be a real screamer! The engine builder bored it 30 over, added an Eagle Stroker kit, Victor Jr heads, Comp Cam, Holley 750 carb. The transmission is a C6 from Art Carr at California Performance Transmissions. It will definitely put some power to the ground. Perhaps as much as 450bhp. Its the smaller things that are lurking as problems! Here's a list of outstanding issues:

• BRAKES - This is a good news / bad news situation. The bad news is, there are no big brake up-grade kits widely available for AMC systems... The good news is, there will be! SSBC in New York has agreed to engineer Bricklin brackets for their 6 piston caliper system. They won't be mass-producing them. But, once they have them for us, they will be in their CNC data base and can be reproduced on request.
  • DOOR CLEARANCE - Do I have to really explain this one to Bricklin owners?? We had roof clearance, then we didn't have roof clearance. We're close. But, until we get the weather stripping and glass in place, we won't know for certain.

• WEIGHT - At nearly 4,000 pounds its an issue we have been focused on since the start. Without creating an elaborate jig, there is no way we can put lightening holes into the frame. The thickness of the steel is also a factor. Given the time restraint of just 6 months to restore, I think we will have to live with a heavy car. That said, there are other areas where we are shaving pounds... The engine and transmission package are lighter. The drive-shaft is aluminum. The brakes will have lighter calipers and stainless rotors. We will not be re-installing an original rear bumper. Instead, we are making a fiberglass mold and putting lighter and larger air tanks behind it. the tanks will have a tube frame to give the bumper integrity.

• INTERIOR - The build team was feeling that the original dash looked kind of "Winnebago - ish". So, they have designed an entirely new dash. Dakota Digital is donating an instrument cluster, SONY is providing a great sound system and a DVD screen for the passenger with a PS3 system... that will be fun! Unfortunately, I think I lost all our weight gains by installing 3 boxes of Hushmat sound deadening material... I wish some of the kids in my neighborhood would use it... Boom Boom!

• UPHOLSTERY - While part of the interior design, the upholsterer's can't start doing much until they see what the audio team is coming up with. Its "Catch 22" here. The audio team could be adding an overhead console and complete surround surfaces in the back, they are still "blue skying" a little, so it could have a domino effect. All we know for sure is we'll be using C4 Corvette seats.

• EXHAUST - While we are all trying to move frantically on the project. We will have to surrender the car for a week to Bassani, so they can design headers and exhaust. It's been on the schedule for a while but, it's still valuable time away from the core build team.

• WIRING - Starts next week... we're keeping our fingers crossed!

As for your other questions; Speed has given us a start during the week of July 9th. They have not selected the specific day or time yet. They screened the first 4 episodes on Monday and gave it great reviews! "A perfect balance for people who understand mechanical and those who don't". They were very impressed with the historical aspects of these shows - we have interviews with Malcolm, Herb Grasse, and Bob Hoffman throughout the series.

Yes, we will be making videos available sometime after the shows have all premiered on Speed. Speed Channel has first showing rights in North America, so we must wait until they have completed their cycle. They may also pick up an option to distribute the DVD's.

Sorry for the delay in getting images to you. The rendering is on the cover of the last Brickline. There are extra images attached.

Thanks for your continued interest. We're all looking forward to the new shows!

Best regards,
Dan Woods

WAS Productions Inc. - We're Always Shooting!

www.WASproductions.com

Chop Cut Rebuild and Street Tuner Challenge DVD's now available at:
www.ccr.tv
www.streettunerchallenge.tv

And here are the pictures Dan sent with the mail!

Go to Top of Page

jim1191

BI Vice President

USA
1965 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  19:46:14  Show Profile Send jim1191 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Bassani, so they can design headers and exhaust"
Thats so cool

"SSBC in New York has agreed to engineer Bricklin brackets for their 6 piston caliper system"
NICE!
Go to Top of Page

Bricklin1155

USA
1697 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  03:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Bricklin1155's Homepage  Click to see Bricklin1155's MSN Messenger address Send Bricklin1155 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Woods was kind enough to send a few more ...

Here's a bit closer view of that rearend ...

Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  22:36:19  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Due to their deadline timing. Any chance the vehicle may make it to the Boston meet this year?

From the latest photos I noticed the headlight openings are not present. It does appear to be at least outlined on the drawing. It will be interesting in how they handle it since the drawing does not show both. With the advances in headlights and LED's in cars there should be a lot of interesting options. Looking forward to seeing the next group of photos.

I am also very curious about the options for mirrors. Since there is none in the drawings.

Any idea on the color? This looks similar to the Lamborghini Orange.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  22:00:33  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think we will be able to attend a meet in Boston. Our plans are to bring the car to a "Pinks - All Out" taping in Las Vegas this September. The car will also be at SEMA this November, most likely at the Sony booth.

Yes, the headlight covers are closed. We are going to insert some PIA lighting into the bumper. We have also closed as many body seams as possible so there are few distinct panels... until we hit a train track, then the panel lines should return... lol. As for mirrors, we have not decided yet. The originals are in pretty good shape. Bob Hoffman also sent some mid '80's Camaro mirrors to try. But, there is no firm commitment to either, yet. At the moment its the interior that is getting the most attention and thought. We have completely rebuilt the dash and replaced the rear sail panels to accomodate the audio equipment.

1279 - Build 'em wild. Drive 'em bold.
Go to Top of Page

bricklin107
BI Member

BI President Emeritus

USA
529 Posts

Posted - June 02 2007 :  07:12:00  Show Profile  Visit bricklin107's Homepage Send bricklin107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any idea when Speed will begin running and or advertising your new season? I think with a car like the Bricklin, the tuner kids will drop what they are doing to find out what this car is all about and what you plan to do with it!!! Looks like a great CCR season!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - June 03 2007 :  20:26:19  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speed has told us they want to start the week of July 9th. They did not give us a day or time yet.

I don't know if our series will do much to convert "tuners". But, it should do something to put the car in a more favorable light with collectors. Hopefully, the attention will drive up the value for a few of you. I always found it surprising that Bricklins were undervalued (IMO). Seeing them sell for 20 to 30 thousand at auctions was always surprising to me.

1279 - Build 'em wild. Drive 'em bold.
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - June 04 2007 :  06:44:29  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow 30 K would be a step in right direction, I'd love the cars to worth that and more. It wold then make it more feasible to restore a few of the ones hanging around out back. but spending 30K to restore a car that will be worth 15K just don't make sense.

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
13 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05