13 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jim1191
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

BI Vice President

USA
1965 Posts

Posted - June 10 2007 :  15:22:18  Show Profile Send jim1191 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_R

wow 30 K would be a step in right direction, I'd love the cars to worth that and more. It wold then make it more feasible to restore a few of the ones hanging around out back. but spending 30K to restore a car that will be worth 15K just don't make sense.

Well Rick ....maybe we are moving in the right direction, RM Auctions reports sold for $29,700
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/273-273-1975-Bricklin-SV-1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28272QQihZ005QQitemZ150130191256QQrdZ1

Edited by - jim1191 on June 10 2007 15:25:40
Go to Top of Page

vin6635

Average Member

USA
673 Posts

Posted - June 11 2007 :  15:18:01  Show Profile Send vin6635 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh, seems a little fishy to me. One pic of a car that is not stock. I guess it won an award in the late 90s but now shows some age. 13 bidders?

Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - June 24 2007 :  15:07:01  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I'm in need of some photo's for our re-assembly. As is often the case, we didn't cover every detail prior to the tear-down of our project. So, I am hoping some of the members here may be able to help.

Here's some of the close up photo's we need:
An original engine pully system on the 351 Windsor.
Engine wire harness routing.
Left and right wheel-well in engine compartment.
Shock absorber placement on rear hatch.

Overall, the Bricklin is coming along great. The next few days are going to be very hectic, as we enter the final thrash stage. We're unveiling the car in LA at a great event on July 2nd. (Sorry its invitation only). A number of modifications will be seen on this car that will (hopefuly) impress all of you. The car has already been requested to appear at the SEMA show this year in the SONY display area. So, you know the audio package is going to be impressive. I imagine its been sometime since a Bricklin has been displayed at SEMA, if at all.

I will try to get some additional photos for you in the next couple of weeks.

SPEED has given us a premier date of July 7th at 9am and July 9th at 7pm (all times Eastern). Here is a link to our schedule:
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/201/

Thanks for all your help. Stay tuned!
Dan Woods

1279 - Build 'em wild. Drive 'em bold.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - June 24 2007 :  15:18:08  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can send pictures to: info@ccr.tv

Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - June 24 2007 :  17:48:24  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Talk about lending someone a hand!! You guys are great.
Thanks for all the pics. They are terrific. I think we can move forward now.

Cheers,
Dan Woods

Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - June 25 2007 :  06:54:18  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
let me know if you need a pic of anything specific, I have 8 cars here in various stages of undress LOL, you can message me thru the board, email me Rick (AT) Hightechcoatings.com, or call me 888-225-8648

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

Bricklin1155

BI Regional Director - Ohio

USA
1697 Posts

Posted - June 30 2007 :  18:19:29  Show Profile  Visit Bricklin1155's Homepage  Click to see Bricklin1155's MSN Messenger address Send Bricklin1155 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More news and pics!! (Thanks Dan!)

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 3:07 PM
To: Webmaster@Bricklins.net

Please post this on the CCR Bricklin thread. - Thanks.

Hi all,
Well, we're just a few days away from unveiling our Bricklin project at the official residence of the Consul General of Canada, in Los Angeles. Work is progressing at a feverish pitch. Many many late nights for the build team are starting to pay off. The guys at Syndicate have really worked their butts off on this.

During our final interview session yesterday, which takes place at the end of the filming day, the guys had some pretty interesting comments. I don't know if all of them will make it into the final edit. Here's a few paraphrased quotes:

"I hope Bricklin owners see that we tried to do something different with the car. Update it. Make it more modern. But, still keep the original feel and styling."
- Cliff Leeper, Owner of Syndicate Automotive Concepts.

"I didn't know Malcolm Bricklin was going to see it! Oh, sh*t, I hope he likes it!"
- Christian, Interior / Audio designer

"I don't think I want to see another Bricklin in the shop for a while. It was cool and all but, it was a lot of work!"
- Trey, Syndicate fabricator

"That engine and exhaust package is nasty! This is going to be one serious car!"
- Trey

"I think this car is going to impress alot of people... Other cars like Mustangs and Camaro's are easy. There's lots of them around, so its easy to get ideas and parts. This thing is unique. No one even knows what they are, so you're starting from scratch".
- Cliff Leeper, Owner Syndicate Automotive Concepts

Asked if he would like to build another Bricklin in the future, Cliff commented:

"Only if someone brings a very BIG cheque. It was a pile of work".

I've attached some pictures from last weeks build session.

Enjoy,

Dan Woods
WAS Productions Inc. - We're Always Shooting!
www.WASproductions.com

Chop Cut Rebuild and Street Tuner Challenge DVD's now available at:
www.ccr.tv
www.streettunerchallenge.tv

Michael V. Mitchell - VIN 1155
Go to Top of Page

airjuice1

Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - July 03 2007 :  14:46:14  Show Profile Send airjuice1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has the show air yet? and will we be getting details on MODS??

Gianni G Casanova
technically not original owner.. but its been in my family the whole time...lol
VIN 0942
Go to Top of Page

airjuice1

Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - July 03 2007 :  15:14:12  Show Profile Send airjuice1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want pictures... the suspense is killing me...lol.. i have search all thru the web to get a sneak peak of yesterdays events... arrrghhh

Gianni G Casanova
technically not original owner.. but its been in my family the whole time...lol
VIN 0942
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - July 04 2007 :  15:13:04  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Chop Cut Rebuild' with Dan Woods; spins out a Fourth Season of Plan It, Build It, and Slam It - Classic Car Television on SPEED.

Premiering Monday, July 16th @ 7:00 PM ET. With special early morning sneak previews on July 14th @ 9:00 AM and July 16th @ 7:00 AM.

(PRWEB) July 5, 2007 -- For the first time, the producers of the acclaimed series have assembled two teams of all-star builders and designers to tackle projects so daunting and demanding, Executive Producer Dan Woods, called upon the return of two uber-crews to take the projects from "ignored to restored" throughout an entire 13 episode - season long run.

Veteran restoration experts from American Muscle Cars return to create a 1964 Impala show car that will steal eyes on the street and judge's admiration at any autoshow. Melding scrap yard finds with state-of-the-art replacement parts and components from Classic Industries, is the feat driving them to sweet success. The burn for power will be fulfilled with a GM 454 big block - creating a dream show car that truly combines riveting eye-candy with a lust for heat!

While customizing champions from Syndicate Automotive Concepts cross over from victory on CCR's hit sister series "Street Tuner Challenge". Their new challenge? In the 'Chop Cut Rebuild' tradition for delivering world broadcast firsts - the rescue of a car that was one of less than 3,000 ever produced - Taking it far beyond salvation to mind bending stardom.

Presented with a nearly gone 1975 Bricklin SV-1, the rare sports 'safety' vehicle gets its unique gull-winged door concept look taken to the zenith of creativityand beyond. This Bricklin is not going to be simply returned to grace. With a body re-creation that defies words and nearly 500 horses kicking under its hood - This relic will get regal and lethal.

This summer the heat will be on again in thirteen episodes of CCR brand - automotive outrageous television production.

Chop Cut Rebuild

Build it wild -
Drive it bold.

Catch it all onSPEED.

For additional times and airing dates visit: http://www.speedtv.com/programs/201/
Look for the word "new" for Season 4 programs.

Edited by - n/a on July 04 2007 18:47:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
13 Pages
« 1 2 3 4 5 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05