Printer Friendly
13 Pages
« 3 4 5 6 7 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - July 14 2007 :  14:01:23  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Glad you enjoyed our first episode! We're all very excited about the new season. Malcolm and Herb will be returning throughout the season to drop in some gems of info as we go along.

Don't forget to post some thoughts on the Speed Message boards too. The exec.'s at Speed watch these boards very closly because they don't always trust the Neilson ratings. Shows with high volumes of visits do get their attention. Here's the link: http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=151046
OK enough of selling ourselves(sorry).

It's been a pleasure building this car. And I can tell you all there will be some parts we'll auction off from 'ol 1279 that you can add to your personal collection. I've filled my Xterra twice with left overs, and I'm making another trip today, so there should be quite a bit. There's even some new stuff that Bob gave us we weren't able to use. Of course, if you would like any of it signed by the team, that is something we can arrange too.

DVD's will be available after SPEED has aired the entire season. We have to wait before we can release them... Also, we're still editing the final 3 episodes at this point.

Stay tuned!

1279 - Build 'em wild. Drive 'em bold.

Edited by - n/a on July 14 2007 14:02:51
Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  00:22:09  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the first episode recorded. I will record the others through Wednesday to bring to the meet on DVD.

I hope these episodes get some owners motivated to work on their cars and get them out there for people to see. I know that I get down about working on mine over the past couple of years, but every time I get a new issue of Brickline, have someone ask me about the car or see an email asking how to resolve a problem it keeps me going.

This series of shows will revive the memory of the car to some and generate interest for people that have not even heard of a Bricklin. Thanks to Dan Woods for getting this project started and to the Syndicate team for their work. I am impressed with the photos that have been shared with us and look forward to seeing the completed project.
Go to Top of Page

vin6635

Average Member

USA
673 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  09:10:15  Show Profile Send vin6635 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Speed a pay channel? I have Comcast and it said I needed to order but it wasn't clear how to do so. Damn.

Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  09:28:28  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Normally Speed is in the upper channels. Mine is on channel 271 so it is on of the packages that requires a cable box.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  13:46:31  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by play8o9

I have the first episode recorded. I will record the others through Wednesday to bring to the meet on DVD.

I hope these episodes get some owners motivated to work on their cars and get them out there for people to see. I know that I get down about working on mine over the past couple of years, but every time I get a new issue of Brickline, have someone ask me about the car or see an email asking how to resolve a problem it keeps me going.

This series of shows will revive the memory of the car to some and generate interest for people that have not even heard of a Bricklin. Thanks to Dan Woods for getting this project started and to the Syndicate team for their work. I am impressed with the photos that have been shared with us and look forward to seeing the completed project.

FYI, just want to remind you that the series is property of SPEED Channel. If you record it, it has to be for your own enjoyment purposes. You can't sell or profit from it.

I'm not even allowed to post any clips on YouTube. MY contract doesn't allow ME to do that... They won't let ME post there... As much as I would like to do it. I'm not allowed to. They prevent ME from doing stuff like that. Even though they probably wouldn't check, they still don't allow ME to do it...
Have a great day!

Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  14:27:09  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No intention of doing that. I will mark the DVD to not be copied or sold and take it back with me after the meet. I will actually still purchase the DVD's when they are available. This is just for people that cannot see it since they do not have access to the Speed Channel.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  02:28:14  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Play, you should read my post again... particularly the parts "between" the lines! lol.

Go to Top of Page

Bricklin1155

BI Regional Director - Ohio

USA
1697 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  04:48:21  Show Profile  Visit Bricklin1155's Homepage  Click to see Bricklin1155's MSN Messenger address Send Bricklin1155 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dan

For what it's worth, our website hits and pageviews were up on both days the show aired....

Michael V. Mitchell - VIN 1155
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  06:58:35  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint, hint, wink, wink, Dan is under contract with Speed and cant post on Utube, hint, wink, You are not under contract with speed, wink, wink, hint, hint. Of course Dan would never tell any one to do something like post a couple of clips on Utube HinT WinK, But It sure it wouldn't hurt the shows ratings now would it LOL.
Dan for what it's worth, I can remember the "old" show when you and Knatu were doing the firebird and I think an old ford rod, Clute was a guest doing the yellow ferrari. I liked that show better than what It got morphed into with Tom and Peter. You even called me about some coating on the corvette build exhaust, but our schedules just couldn't match up at the time.

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

play8o9
Former BI Member

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  10:02:31  Show Profile  Visit play8o9's Homepage Send play8o9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem. CYA in this area is definitely motto in this area.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
13 Pages
« 3 4 5 6 7 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05