Printer Friendly
13 Pages
« 4 5 6 7 8 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
Not Registered with BI or E-Mail mis-match

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  13:41:31  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bricklin1155

Dan

For what it's worth, our website hits and pageviews were up on both days the show aired....

That's great news. The Speed board is rockin too. Now all we have to do is bring up the value of the cars! I think that will happen quite easily.

Rick, what company were you with? I do remember trying to get the exhaust coated. The old show was called Classic Car Restorations (not the one on DIY network). Actually, Peter did a 5 minute "tech tip" in the first season. Then did the Ferrari build in season 2. Tom came along in the second season, replacing my first co-host. Producing that show was nuts. Between filming sessions, we were in the restoration business, which was not what we wanted - nor what we were good at. The new format has us just going to the shops to see what they're doing. These guys are much better at building than we were. BTW, that Hot Rod never did get finished. The Firebird did.

1279 - Build 'em wild. Drive 'em bold.
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  14:33:03  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was/ am with High Tech Coatings, It was for the vette, season 3 maybe? I think you were already at hot rod Scot's when you called and I was swamped at the time.

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - July 17 2007 :  15:20:32  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ccr-host

The exec.'s at Speed watch these boards very closly because they don't always trust the Neilson ratings. Shows with high volumes of visits do get their attention. Here's the link: http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=151046
OK enough of selling ourselves(sorry).

Sell away LOL It the least we can do for the attention you are bringing our beloved cars, The interior may be a little "ricey" for my taste but I'm just and old fart that doesn't even turn on the radio.

your mileage may vary, parental guidance is advised, call before you dig, consult your
doctor, action figures sold separately, see a qualified tax professional, mind the gap, may contain peanuts, no user serviceable parts inside, offer void in Nebraska, batteries not included
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

108 Posts

Posted - July 20 2007 :  23:56:55  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering what seats/frames you used in this car? They look like a good fit and an improvement over the stock seats I have now.

J.R. Nagy
Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - July 21 2007 :  02:24:09  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The seats are from a C4 Corvette. They required a little modification... lowering the seat tracks modifiying the mounts, etc. We noticed that once they were installed, Bricklin steering columns are off center. Because the C4 seats have a little wider base than the original, they make the offset even more noticable. If you go for Vette seats, use the door side holes as the mounting point. Not the center console holes. Be prepared to steer the car a little to your right. Ah the joys of Malcolms dream!

Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

108 Posts

Posted - July 22 2007 :  22:48:04  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the info. Could you not shift the seat slightly by repositioning the track location on the seat??

J.R. Nagy
Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - July 23 2007 :  14:17:12  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem would still be there with the original seats, In most cars Th e steering column is centered over the brake pedal, because of the large trans tunnel the pedals were shifted over a bit to the left so the column is centered over the gas pedal. It can feel a bit awkward to drive but you get used to it pretty quick

Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - July 23 2007 :  16:02:20  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have c4 seats in one of my cars and I just removed the tracks all together and bolted them directly to the floor.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

deleted

68 Posts

Posted - July 24 2007 :  04:04:39  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_R

I have c4 seats in one of my cars and I just removed the tracks all together and bolted them directly to the floor.

So you have no way to adjust the seats now? We trimmed the base of the seats so we could keep the track for adjustment. The release arm that comes out between your legs had to be modified and made flat. Then we needed to cut off some of the lower trim so the arm can move.

It does feel like your sitting rather high in the car. But, the biggest issue/distraction is the column being off center. BTW, the original owner of our car thinks we're nuts. He insists the column is centered and we put the seat in off-set. I told him even Herb Grasse admitted it to me but, he still doesn't believe me.

Go to Top of Page

Rick_R
Former BI Member

Canada
1703 Posts

Posted - July 24 2007 :  06:25:17  Show Profile Send Rick_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I trimmed the seat bottoms almost flat, then sat them in the car, sat in it to get comfortable, adjusted the back angle to where i felt I could drive for hours, then drilled thru the original seat holes from underneath and bolted them to the floor. I needed them as low as possible to gain head room. With stock seats the door sits on my head when it is closed, not real comfortable to drive that way. I built the car for ME as a driver so I don't care if anybody else is comfortable in it LOL.
The column is definitely off set, just look at any "normal" car and the column is centered over the brake pedal, In a brick it is centered over the gas. I believe this was the problem with cars that had problems with unintended acceleration. People though they were on the brake when they were on the gas. That shouldn't be a problem with the brick as the foot well is pretty tight and gives you good reference.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
13 Pages
« 4 5 6 7 8 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05