15 Pages
« 12 13 14 15 »
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sjzukrow
BI Member

Auctioneer

USA
789 Posts

Posted - August 03 2013 :  07:46:49  Show Profile Send sjzukrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While most of us appreciate the hard work that goes into judging there's always a select few that don't. There have been years when judging sheets have been returned to the car owners at the meet and some of the owners disagree with the assessment of their baby and take it out on the judges.

As a result of a few of these isolated incidents, they generally don't return the sheets at the meet but do make them available by mail afterwards. I don't know who ended up with the results but Steven Stratton probably knows. If you want to see how you scored and where you fell short, I suggest contacting him.

Stuart
Go to Top of Page

brick75
Former BI Member

Canada
1843 Posts

Posted - August 03 2013 :  16:58:09  Show Profile Send brick75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Great Stuart and thanks. Steve, can we have them emailed out? I regret hearing of past folks that may have taken issue, I did hear that at the meet and hesitated coming in on this issue but it is 2013 and we want the Club to move forward...the majority of us need that direction from the experts that are veterans to this car and they should be congratulated. I am even game for a posting on line on this site if individual emails are a problem. Snail mail is just not effecient.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Gulwings
Former BI Member

Canada
1139 Posts

Posted - August 04 2013 :  08:33:51  Show Profile Send Gulwings a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... I agree with Marty... and yes, sad that folks take issue... I am thinking my "list" might be overweight for regular mail so email or electronic "somehow" is good for me too if that becomes possible.

Cheers!

Mike P

Go to Top of Page

kent0242
BI Member

Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - August 07 2013 :  00:10:40  Show Profile Send kent0242 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, getting back into the swing of things here ... first of all, like the others, I appreciate the insight of the judges and their expertise in judgement. I have no qualms about the way it was handled. And honestly, if I did, it would be time for me to step up to the plate next year and stand in as a judge myself.

Second point: I learned so much from everyone, and every person I spoke with was ready to impart Bricklin knowledge upon me. No snobbishness going on, just sincere, real and true camaraderie.

Third point (unfortunate for me): If I had known that some of the Saturday judges were in fact persons I competed against out on the track the day previous, I probably would have eased up on the throttle a bit at St. Thomas. Even in my 100% stock drivetrain #2832 that couldn't beat a rental mini-van. (grin!)

Kent
#2832 birthdate 11 SEP 1975
Go to Top of Page

Vin2889
BI Member

BI Chairman

USA
99 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  08:49:53  Show Profile Send Vin2889 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All,

I've been reading the comments on Judging sheets with interest and, after discussing the issue with some board members, have decided to mail back all Judging Sheets collected this year, with no cost to the owner. This will allow owners to review the sheets and to actually see what points were docked and where at this year's meet.

In the future, we will be adding a check box to meet registration form for each upcoming meet to request that the Judging Sheet be mailed back to the owner after the meet for a nominal fee for postage and handling. This will take the SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) aspect out of the equation and provide owner's with the feedback they desire on their cars.

As for some of the other options discussed, such as scanning the forms and posting or email, a sizable segment of our members do not use the forums, Facebook, or email, and it is unfair to penalize those that don't by not offering them an option to get back their sheets, if they so desire. This option should cover all bases, as everyone has an address (hopefully) and can decide at the point of registration, if they wish to have their Judging Sheet returned. Lastly, most folks that would have received an electronic copy would have inevitably printed it out, so this saves some paper in the long run.

I have the sheets and will be shipping them out in the next two weeks to the addresses provided by the owner' on the cover sheet at the meet. If someone has moved in the last two months, and reads this before September 13th, kindly private message me with an updated address and I'll send it along to the new one you provide.

Let me know if anyone has any question.

Thanks,

Steve Stratton

VIN's #1339 & #2889
Go to Top of Page

steve_edgar
BI Member

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  10:32:58  Show Profile  Visit steve_edgar's Homepage Send steve_edgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's wonderful Steve! A collective Thank You Very Much from the London attendees!

VIN 846
Go to Top of Page

steve1189
Former BI Member

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  10:50:33  Show Profile Send steve1189 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Prez Steve and the Executive. Also huge thanks to the judges. This was my first meet and the opportunity to observe some of the judging was very informative. It really is the greatest way for us owners to better understand our cars; to identify what was and wasn't done right by previous owners and to identify what is needed to retain it's originality. A copy of the judging record will be another important piece of documentation along with the valuable information available on this forum.
It was a rewarding experience. I met some wonderful people and learned a lot about the brick. Kudos to all.

steve1189
Go to Top of Page

brick75
Former BI Member

Canada
1843 Posts

Posted - September 04 2013 :  12:37:03  Show Profile Send brick75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I echo both Steve E and Steve A's comments. It was a great experience for me also and I learned a lot.

For all of you whom I met, it was just terrific and hope everyone south of the border figured out our kilometres and litres and colourful money, best would be that at home you catch yourself watching a hockey game, drinking a Molson Canadian, saying "Zed" vs "Zee" and ending your last comment with "eh".

The judging sheets will just add to that experience.

Thanks Steve S for this.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

kent0242
BI Member

Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - September 15 2013 :  14:34:03  Show Profile Send kent0242 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vin2889

In the future, we will be adding a check box to meet registration form for each upcoming meet to request that the Judging Sheet be mailed back to the owner after the meet for a nominal fee for postage and handling. This will take the SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) aspect out of the equation and provide owner's with the feedback they desire on their cars.

A suggestion to piggyback that idea - perhaps a check box as well for method of delivery, postal service or electronic form.

Kent
#2832 birthdate 11 SEP 1975
Go to Top of Page

Vin2889
BI Member

BI Chairman

USA
99 Posts

Posted - September 16 2013 :  15:30:45  Show Profile Send Vin2889 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having not heard from anyone with an address change, the judging sheets will go out this week.

Steve

VIN's #1339 & #2889
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
15 Pages
« 12 13 14 15 »
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Bookmark this post Bookmark This Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bricklin International Forums © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05